Siegfriend pre-SCV style or SCV style

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Siegfriend pre-SCV style or SCV style

User Info: unikat

unikat
1 month ago#1
So how would you like his moveset to be? - Results (53 votes)
pre-SCV where he doesn't rely only on gimmick of stances
62.26% (33 votes)
SCV where he does rely on gimmick of stances to win
26.42% (14 votes)
Completely new moveset
11.32% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As some of you may know in SCV Siegfried's gameplay was changed so that his offense was almost solely based on stances and transitioning between those to keep opponents at bay with uncertainty that those brought, however while it sounds like fun concept, it's execution was s***, when he gets going he's a beast, but for him to start going he needs a lot of space which he'll never get against decent opponent. Which is why Sieg became bottom tier character (well not bottom maybe 2nd tier from the bottom, while he used to be strong mid tier (not that much better, but still...)).
Do you dream?

User Info: Umbra4life

Umbra4life
1 month ago#2
New. I've never cared for how he and Nightmare share such a similar moveset. They could get really creative with new moves.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
1 month ago#3
Siegfried was terrible in V. No character should have to be like that.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: Blue7

Blue7
1 month ago#4
I enjoyed Siegfried a lot in SCV. Only complaint was how some moves whiffed randomly. I liked going into his stances and throwing the opponent for a loop. I'll be fine either way, but I'm voting for the gimmick.
War:"I never change? **** you! You don't know me!" The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse on Fallout: Tactics

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
1 month ago#5
I want SCII Nightmare/Siegfried
He was the best form of Siegfried and in my opinion, the best form of nightmare as well.
I personally had no problems with V's Siegfried... It's just that his reliance on gimmicks made it so that you had to kinda understand your opponent before you go all ape s*** on them and even then it was all 50/50s...
Making Siegfried rely on his stances is a cardinal sin and we need II's Siegfried/Nightmare back
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

User Info: BillbertPatches

BillbertPatches
1 month ago#6
I'm not sure I understand the question. He's always had stances and in any of the games it depends how the fight plays out and on your opponent. There have been times in each game where f***ing around in stances were my undoing, likewise in each game there have been times when the only way to land a hit on my opponent were to use those stance mixups.

Are you just asking if he should be a higher tier? Doesn't matter to me, I'll be using him regardless and still winning most of the time like I did in SCV.

User Info: _Val_

_Val_
1 month ago#7
BillbertPatches posted...
I'm not sure I understand the question. He's always had stances and in any of the games it depends how the fight plays out and on your opponent.

Same here, not sure what TC means here. Sieg had his tons of stances in 4 already, if anything 5 drastically reduced their use.

He was among my mains in 4 and I loved the stance-shift dance part. I tried him in 5 but I couldn't play him at all, it felt like they cut half of his moveset and transitions.

User Info: BillbertPatches

BillbertPatches
1 month ago#8
_Val_ posted...
I tried him in 5 but I couldn't play him at all, it felt like they cut half of his moveset and transitions.

He had less moves in each stance but he had enough to get by, plenty of ways to transition still and he can keep a combo going from one to another. He was just simplified like the rest of the roster.

User Info: unikat

unikat
1 month ago#9
_Val_ posted...
I tried him in 5 but I couldn't play him at all, it felt like they cut half of his moveset and transitions.

actually all characters lost loads of moves, I usually say 30%, while it might not be as much, it's certainly more than 15%

also noted here
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/228815-soulcalibur-vi/76096314
Do you dream?

User Info: _Val_

_Val_
1 month ago#10
Yeah, that's also an aspect that I dislike in V, the attempt to "simplify/balance" the gameplay by butchering the movelist wasn't a great decision. Some suffered more than others, but I remember Mitsurugi also got drastically affected by this.

That was part of the reason that made me go back to IV even after V was out, the roster and movelist cuts made it feel like a half-finished game compared to its predecessors.

BillbertPatches posted...
He had less moves in each stance but he had enough to get by, plenty of ways to transition still and he can keep a combo going from one to another.

Hmm, I don't remember the specifics as it's been years since I touched the game, but after trying him for some time I really felt that he was lacking options compared to his IV self. Yeah he's probably still playable, but it took all the fun out to me.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Siegfriend pre-SCV style or SCV style

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived