What did you dislike most in Soul Calibur V?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. What did you dislike most in Soul Calibur V?

User Info: Lord_Vreenak

Lord_Vreenak
1 month ago#11
Roster

User Info: SammichTime

SammichTime
1 month ago#12
Voodoo_Voldo posted...
Bringing up the STar Wars guest characters.. Think they will be able to implement a fighting style that almost mirrors The Apprentice's without the Force stuff? It was very fun....

I wish they recycle all the characters movesets and weapons for CaS characters. I wanna say they did that SC3 with some of Link's moves.
We need more giant robots
GT: Barcnori

User Info: Hunk_of_Meat

Hunk_of_Meat
1 month ago#13
Voodoo_Voldo posted...
Bringing up the STar Wars guest characters.. Think they will be able to implement a fighting style that almost mirrors The Apprentice's without the Force stuff? It was very fun....

Sort of an acrobatic straight sword character? The new character they teased in the trailer might end up playing somewhat like this.

User Info: Voodoo_Voldo

Voodoo_Voldo
1 month ago#14
Hell I would be damn happy if this situation happened... Setsuka is Pat's teacher, yes?... Who hold's her weapon in a reverse grip for a large variety of her attacks.. same as Apprentice. It would be great if Pat could adopt a hybrid of Apprentice's non-force moves with some of Setsukas and bam. 100% more likeable. for me. Lol.
Gladiator's Resolve must live on!

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
1 month ago#15
Why was the story too short?
Why didn't we have arcade endings?
Why was it Patroklos that replaced Siegfried as MC?
WHY the f*** does the story feel incomplete?
Who the f*** are Viola, Lexia, Natsu and Shiba?
Who the f*** is Z W E I? Why did he have to die like a b****?
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

User Info: Aiddon

Aiddon
1 month ago#16
Mostly it's the lack of content that was the deal breaker. The Story Mode was pathetically short and there was nothing to do after it except grind for Create a Soul parts. There are other problems too, like the fact that because of the truncated story very few of the newbies have any chance to be fleshed out (and even then they aren't really fleshed out), and the time skip isn't utilized to its fullest potential with most of the veterans having not changed in the intervening years.

The actual roster is fine with everyone fulfilling their roles (even if some movesets are streamlined), Viola and Z.W.E.I. give some interesting play styles that I'd like to see used again, and the gameplay is still good with the Critical Edges bringing a new dimension to the tactics.

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 month ago#17
Roster was the main problem for me. But the story and SP content didn't help either.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: PHATJER

PHATJER
1 month ago#18
Roster was a big problem. Lack of content is unforgivable in thia day and age.

Only good things about 5 was the CaS and Gameplay.
PSN: Ao_Iconoclast
Xbox Live Gamertag: PHATJER

User Info: Puppyfaic

Puppyfaic
1 month ago#19
Definitely the roster. Talim :(

User Info: CursedTiamat

CursedTiamat
1 month ago#20
Gameplay. Terrible Just Guard system, badly implemented super moves, excessively risky movement, and GI costing meter were all bad.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. What did you dislike most in Soul Calibur V?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived