What about guest custom content instead of characters?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. What about guest custom content instead of characters?

User Info: Rhalius

Rhalius
4 weeks ago#1
It might be more interesting if the guest stuff is in the custom characters instead.

Skyrim for example.

There could be a sword and shield fight style with some magic and shouts that is exclusive to custom characters.
It could come with some robes and armors of Skyrim to be used in CAS, and maybe some braided hairstyles and a male and female voice option with a scandinavian accent.

Or Star wars.
They could have a generic lightsaber style with some common force powers exclusive to custom characters, and some robes and clothes. Which would be quite usefull for other characters too.
It could include some modifications or hairstyles that would allow for some very human aliens to be made, like Zabrak and Twi'lek.

Or Assasin's Creed.
Just have an assasin fight style for custom characters, and some assasin outfits, maybe a templar armor as well.

These are just some examples of course, I think that packages like this could work well as DLC as long as the price matches the content.

User Info: Grammar_man

Grammar_man
4 weeks ago#2
Rhalius posted...
It might be more interesting if the guest stuff is in the custom characters instead.

Skyrim for example.

There could be a sword and shield fight style with some magic and shouts that is exclusive to custom characters.
It could come with some robes and armors of Skyrim to be used in CAS, and maybe some braided hairstyles and a male and female voice option with a scandinavian accent.

Or Star wars.
They could have a generic lightsaber style with some common force powers exclusive to custom characters, and some robes and clothes. Which would be quite usefull for other characters too.
It could include some modifications or hairstyles that would allow for some very human aliens to be made, like Zabrak and Twi'lek.

Or Assasin's Creed.
Just have an assasin fight style for custom characters, and some assasin outfits, maybe a templar armor as well.

These are just some examples of course, I think that packages like this could work well as DLC as long as the price matches the content.

Custom only movesets are a dreadful ideas because they are not usable if you ever want to start competing.

Imagine getting really good with one of these movesets and then decide you want to go pro? OOPS! You can't because there's no default character.
FC: 2380-3090-3964, IGN: Ronia/RWB
Garbodor, Seviper, Muk.

User Info: Rhalius

Rhalius
4 weeks ago#3
It's only like 3% of the player base that gives a s*** about competing.

User Info: tntpenguin

tntpenguin
4 weeks ago#4
Rhalius posted...

This percentage gets lower everytime someone uses it, Ya'll need to find an actual sourced number and stick to it if Ya'll are gonna keep trying to pull this stunt lol.

In any case I doubt this word be the case for someone wanting to compete anyway, given that no matter how good they may get at the character in 6, it'll likely be gone come 7 anyway.

Custom guest pieces I think would be perfectly fine regardless of stance on styles though. Sc3 did it with kos-mos. (isn't that how you spell her name? Idr)
PSN GunPowderPenguin

User Info: unikat

unikat
4 weeks ago#5
Grammar_man posted...
Custom only movesets are a dreadful ideas because they are not usable if you ever want to start competing.

Yeah they should remove everything, additional weapons, costumes as well as whole CaS, because it's not needed IF YOU EVER want to start competing.
CAS styles aren't allowed because they weren't present in all versions of the game, so they're different and players of other versions couldn't counter them properly, which is why guest characters in SC2 weren't allowed either.
As far as I know, Devil Jin was allowed at first, but banned because he was considered too strong (SS tier), later on some tournaments allowed for him, but only one character size could've been used for him, because otherwise his reach would be impossible to read if everyone used different sizes, or certain strings became abusable.
Btw. how many tournaments did you compete in?

That being said, I'd love CaS only styles and clothes, much prefer certain character's styles than having some half assed character we don't need as a guest. Something like... how KOS-MOS was added as a guest.
However Dragonborn is s*** compared to stunts SC characters pull. Combat in Skyrim is way too clunky to begin with, now when you add complete lack of certain actions which are normal to SC characters, it just becomes... meh. And well... his armor is nothing that special to begin with, you need helmet with horns and you're golden X_x.
Do you dream?

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
4 weeks ago#6
Grammar_man posted...
Rhalius posted...

Skyrim for example.

Or Star wars.

Or Assasin's Creed.

Imagine getting really good with one of these movesets and then decide you want to go pro? OOPS! You can't because there's no default character.

Iirc there was this really basic customization for DJ in V that was tournament usable.
So if the move sets were balanced I would imagine they would be tournament usable
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

User Info: LazorGuns

LazorGuns
4 weeks ago#7
No.

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
4 weeks ago#8
Rhalius posted...

It's far less than 1%.

Out of how many million people buy games, only maybe 1000 people or so feel like there is some sort of actual structure that allows for competition. 1000 out of 1000000... or 1 in 1000 people want this... 0.1% of the people that buy this game, are looking to compete.

So going pro... that is less people than the amount of people that want to have the option for Japanese voice overs in a Western release.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: unikat

unikat
4 weeks ago#9
Oh but you don't get it, if it weren't for CaS and if game was well balanced, everyone would be competitive player.
Do you dream?

User Info: Voodoo_Voldo

Voodoo_Voldo
4 weeks ago#10
I have the answer to all of this...

Just add all previous guest characters into the "Bonus" characters section (where Shura and Kami were.. if it comes back)....

Then we can have Link, Spawn, Heihachi, Yoda, Vader, Starkiller, and Ezio....

**puts up flame shield**
Gladiator's Resolve must live on!
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. What about guest custom content instead of characters?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived