Web development with C++?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Web Design and Programming
  3. Web development with C++?

User Info: Keyeszx

Keyeszx
5 years ago#1
I'm starting to learn C++ and between classes I want to go over some of the stuff to see how I can rewrite the code or if I had it right and didn't just get lucky. But I only have an ipad with me between classes.

But there's this app, Gusto, that allows me to develop websites from the ipad and manage them. I saw in their syntax they stated it supported C++. I'm just wondering if this means I can write a website in C++ if so how? Along with that if I wrote some code to just display some text would the website just display the text or would I have to write some code to tell it how to display the text?

I understand some of these can't be answered since you might not know the app I'm trying to use. But it seems to be meant for website development so I thought someone might have tried it.
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:SW:TOR, Sonic Generations, MK9, UMvC3

User Info: NeoBasilisk

NeoBasilisk
5 years ago#2
You could probably do it through CGI, but I suggest picking another language that's actually meant for the web, like PHP, ASP.NET, Ruby, etc.
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2505/toonami0003by7.jpg
RIP Toonami (1997-2008)
(message deleted)

User Info: Keyeszx

Keyeszx
5 years ago#4

You could probably do it through CGI, but I suggest picking another language that's actually meant for the web, like PHP, ASP.NET, Ruby, etc.

Well I'm not trying to web design. I want to practice C++ between classes. It's just the only app that I've found that I've seen good reviews on is meant for web design.
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:Starcraft 2, Killzone 3, Marvel vs Capcom 3(ranked), The Sly Collection

User Info: drro183

drro183
5 years ago#5
Perhaps it means using Wt. But I would definitely opt for PHP, as it does support the OOP paradigm. The only reasons to really insist on C++ is the syntax and perhaps the use of C++ libraries. You can also search for an online C++ compiler: http://www.ideone.com
  1. Boards
  2. Web Design and Programming
  3. Web development with C++?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived