Questions here

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix
  3. Questions here

User Info: Codde

Codde
2 years ago#11
Perhaps Morpheus was incorrect, and that 100 years was the last cycle. Perhaps he was unaware of the cycles, is what I'm saying, infact I would bet on it, as it seemed the architect was revealing it to Neo at a moment when it could no longer help Zion.

User Info: conduit

conduit
2 years ago#12
Yes. Morpheus was indeed totally unaware of the cycles and the true role of The One. as far as Morpheus was concerned he thought Zion was created by The One who presumably broke out of the Matrix somehow, freed a bunch of humans in the process, and starting a new city deep underground away from the machines. Morpheus thought that according to the prophecy another One would return and this time help end the war with the machines.

But as you point out, Morpheus had no idea there were... previous Zions. Or that upon the return of The One Zion was destined to be wiped out and restarted from scratch.

Somewhat ironic then that no sooner had Morpheus discovered the prophecy was a lie, when it actually came true. Just not in the way he ever expected it to.

So its still plausible that Morpheus is incorrect about how long his Zion has existed, but personally I doubt it, and assume that 100 years is just a rough figure anyway, and generally accurate.
~we are a part of the process, not instigators of its progress~
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix
  3. Questions here

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
So this might just be legitBedman93/22 12:03PM