So this might just be legit

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix
  3. So this might just be legit

User Info: Bedman

Bedman
6 months ago#1
Showed up on my Google News feed, rather than some random clickbaitey site:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/matrix-reboot-works-at-warner-bros-986292

I'mma be super lazy and copy'n'paste my thoughts over from the ensuing Facebook post --

The fact that they have a named writer attached already also makes it sound legit. I'm not going to enjoy it as much if the Wachowskis aren't involved, or any of the principal cast, but I'll definitely still go see it.

The worst thing they could ever do would be to try to remake the original story of Neo and co., but given the structure of the One Cycle, it'd be an absolute perfect opportunity for a soft-reboot into prequel territory. You could have an entire franchise contained to a previous cycle and not interfere with any established canon. Free rein to create entirely new characters, new city, anything. As long as they stuck to some of the established tropes, it wouldn't feel like a replacement to me, it'd be exploring more corners of the universe, which is exactly what it sounds like they want to do.

Heck, they could start to draw on some of the things The Animatrix did, either same settings and characters or same philosophy of just experimenting without worrying about connecting up with any continuity.
Bedman: Mattress of the Universe

User Info: ShadowkhNinja

ShadowkhNinja
6 months ago#2
https://youtu.be/oYNEtxqDDjs

Legit. They want to make a reboot :(
Also starring Michael B. Jordan.

Honestly I would prefer a spinoff or maybe a prequel or sequel spinoff but not a reboot/remake
"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
-Snake Plissken-

User Info: Bedman

Bedman
6 months ago#3
Reboot doesn't really mean "remake" anymore, so I'm still holding out hope that it's not trying to pave over the original.
Bedman: Mattress of the Universe

User Info: kou urake

kou urake
6 months ago#4
I'm really sick of sequels, prequels and spinoffs being labeled as "reboots". If the original continuity isn't flushed, it isn't a reboot, damn it.

Apparently the writer suggested that it isn't meant to do away with the old continuity, but serve as some Animatrix-style side story. Either way, it's more Robots vs Kung Fu sequel material for me, so I'm okay with it.
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.

User Info: dragon_suplex_x

dragon_suplex_x
6 months ago#5
I'd love to see them continue and expand on the story of what happens with the shaky alliance the humans and the machines have- maybe even tie in Matrix Online and have Neo still missing, Morpheus "dead", or other excuses why established characters wouldn't be around and start to cover some new characters.
But I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know.
PSN, XBL and Nintendo Network ID: Vertigoink

kou urake
6 months ago#6
You have no idea how happy I would be if MXO remained canon. Now, obviously, the little details can't ever be important - they'd lose the comprehension of all but maybe a couple hundred audience members worldwide, otherwise. Not that I wouldn't lose my mind over characters like Cryptos and The Effectuator showing up, mind you.

But if it were to be a more distant sequel focusing on a new generation of redpills, with the events of MXO serving as the first tumultuous years after Neo's sacrifice? I'd love it.
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.

User Info: conduit

conduit
6 months ago#7
While promoting John Wick: Chapter 2, Reeves said he would be open to returning for another installment of the franchise if the Wachowskis were involved. "They would have to write it and direct it. And then we'd see what the story is, but yeah, I dunno, that'd be weird, but why not?"

^kind of agree with Keanu on this one. if the Wachowskis are not the ones writing it then I don't care about no matrix reboot. could end up being complete trash.

for me the matrix is more than just Robots vs Kung Fu, any future title has to have a decent story. problem is, the terrible reception that the sequels got tells me that the majority of people don't even like the story in the Matrix. they just want an over-the-top sci-fi action blockbuster with some minimal cheesy story to string it together.
~we are a part of the process, not instigators of its progress~

kou urake
6 months ago#8
I'm with you, Conduit. To be clear: Robots vs Kung Fu is the name of my fan edit series, wherein I reshape the trilogy in the style of 70s/80s grindhouse flicks.

User Info: conduit

conduit
6 months ago#9
oh right, did you post that on the board before? I think I remember it.
~we are a part of the process, not instigators of its progress~

kou urake
5 months ago#10
I posted a trailer. It'd be against all kinds of policy to post the whole thing, of course. I've since remastered it, thanks to a fan preservation of a heavily used 35mm print. I can post some clips if you'd like, of course. Anything in particular you'd care to see?
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix
  3. So this might just be legit

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived