Full Cleric vs Fighter/Cleric

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Full Cleric vs Fighter/Cleric

User Info: red255

red255
9 years ago#11
Multiclassing an RC is the way to go since it will also give you all the Druid spells.

....do you also use A project image to summon 50 skeleton warriors. DON'T Abuse glitches and think it makes a character. your not supposed to get those druid spells. Therefore your not supposed to USE them unless you want to cheat.

Also Druid ranger imposes an allignment restriction and you can become fallen. So all your really getting is +4 Thac0 V your racial enemy.

Seriously why do people consider the druid spells of the ranger/Cleric? Thats like saying a Paladin can Crap out XX Devas with Vhailor's helm or switching a potion with the project image scroll. and throwing out 20 devas

Yeah it can, but your a filthy cheater.
"as for szs2, there's no way its gonna fall behind like szs did." -aers

User Info: Jvstm

Jvstm
9 years ago#12
I have the stats to dual class, I said I gimped myself with 16 strength. You only need 15.

As for dual wielding, I beat the game prior to this using a Dwarf Berserker using the Flail of Ages and Crom Faeyr. I probably could have soloed the entire game once I got the flail. Besides I plan on giving it to Korgan and having him spec Flails/Dual Wielding/Axes. It just looks mean when you have a flail in one hand and an axe in the other.

I was thinking I'd take the Sword and Shield style, because after Improved Haste you attack fast enough to never have to worry about actually dual welding IIRC.

As for R/C, I think it kind of breaks the game, just like a Kensai Mage, so I avoid taking that route. Obviously they're both powerful choices, but whatev.
The present will pass you if you live in the past. Neither should you wait for the future to find you. -RIP Khalid

red255
9 years ago#13
Again as soon as you can cast Righteous Magic you can pump STR with Draw upon holy might and righteous magic to get your 25 STR.

Made me not really like Crom that much on my Fighter/Cleric. (half -orc) I think I still used it, but I could've done without it.

Jvstm
9 years ago#14
Meh, decided to scrap the idea and go with a Shapeshifting Druid instead. That way I don't have to worry about stats so much.
The present will pass you if you live in the past. Neither should you wait for the future to find you. -RIP Khalid

User Info: Qusus

Qusus
9 years ago#15
When you import your character from BG 1 into BG 2, you get to repick your proficiencies. This means you'll have 5 stars from the start of BG 2 in Warhammer if you want.

Jvstm
9 years ago#16
Yeah I went with Flails instead, figuring I could just use a belt of giant strength to raise my str to a nice level. Flails look way cooler too.

I'll just give Crom to Korgan as his offhand maybe. Thoughts on this?

I have two games now, one with a level 9 fighter/9 Cleric and one with an 11 Shapeshifter. Not sure which I like more.

User Info: DarthMordechai

DarthMordechai
9 years ago#17
I'll just give Crom to Korgan as his offhand maybe. Thoughts on this?

The main thought to this would be "awesome" since Korgan gets plenty of proficiency points in weapons to make the Crom usable, as well as an Axe/Hammer combo being badass. Korgan will be destroying just about everything in his path with a decent axe/Crom easily enough
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
I took her virginity. I have the bloody sheet to prove it. - BullFrogger

red255
9 years ago#18
Korgan with Ax of the unyielding + Crom is nice. That +3 ax from Fighter Stronghold will hold him until then.

You can take Flail of Ages + mace of Disruption if you want. Or theres that Flail with 20% damage reduction from the bonus shop in the Copper coronet. (defender of East haven or some such)

Yeah 20 some odd STR is fine from a belt just use buffs to make bosses easier.

Jvstm
9 years ago#19
Yeah I just got the belt of Hill Giant strength (19 str I think) so I'm good for that now.

Are there any better shields than the Fortress Shield? At least before end-game.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Full Cleric vs Fighter/Cleric

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived