The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

How to LAN with friend?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ecc11718

ecc11718
8 years ago#1
I just got done LAN'ing through NWN1, and was wanting to LAN through baldur's gate 2.

I can't seem to figure out how to do it though? I'm mostly computer smart.. but I definitely don't know what to do.

I created a session, IPX, and it's fully loaded up in game.

My friend is trying to connect via IPX, but my session(game) doesn't show up in her window?

What is the problem? Am I doing something wrong?

User Info: Lord_Tiax

Lord_Tiax
8 years ago#2
I don't know.
I've always used TCP/IP.
Are your game versions the same? If one of you has a more recent patch downloaded then I know you won't be able to play, but other than that I'm not sure.
Sorry :-(
"Soon Tiax will point and click!" Tiax, Baldurs Gate
-Saving throw vs Sarcasm-

User Info: ThiefOfNavarre

ThiefOfNavarre
8 years ago#3
Make sure you arnt using a router, just use a normal RJ45 LAN jack, otherwise the router will skew things up for you!

Easiest way to get the game setup is to install Hamachi (google it!), Set up a private network(www.portforward.com). Both join the same private network and then run the game connecting via TCP/IP with the IP address Hamachi gives you!
I was expecting at most a 150 lbs chick that just wasn't that pretty. Instead you post a manatee in the pics - Dollarman_2005

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived