Stats for a Blade?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Target_pwns_joo

Target_pwns_joo
8 years ago#1
I just got this game and I'm going to make a blade but I don't know how many points I should put in stats. Any help would be appreciated.

User Info: ManiacalFreak

ManiacalFreak
8 years ago#2
Well as a blade you'll be fighting and casting some spells to disable enemies and buff yourself. So here's a breakdown for ya:

STR: 18; or as low as necessary if you want to buy the belt of strength from the adventurer's mart and rely on that.
DEX: 18; no question, this will give you a crucial AC (defense) bonus.
CON: 16; for hit points; only warrior classes get benefits from any more than that.
INT: 18 or as low as necessary; this will help you memorize new spells and let you learn more spells. However, if you play on normal difficulty, then you won't ever fail to scribe a scroll, and even on core difficulty you can drink potions of genius to raise this stat to 24 before you attempt to scribe scrolls. A minimum of 11 is good for any character due to a certain monster that drains this stat and can instantly kill you if it falls to zero.
WIS: 3; pretty useless, will penalize your lore ability (identifies items), which is already penalized by the blade kit, but who cares? Just use the identify spell.
CHA: 15; you may think this is important for a bard, but just take the lowest you can. You'll find a ring that sets this to 18 near the beginning of the game.

18/18/16/18/3/15 is 88 points total, which is a reasonable amount to roll for.

User Info: f4rM

f4rM
8 years ago#3
Also note: You don't have to min-max to have a fun, playable character.
< o >

User Info: Target_pwns_joo

Target_pwns_joo
8 years ago#4
Thank youm ManiacalFreak. Also I wasn't trying to min-max I just didn't want a character with bad stats and can't kill anything because of it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived