Cheats not working with windows 7

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Cheats not working with windows 7

User Info: bkresge

bkresge
6 years ago#1
I have played this game a million times, on different versions of windows. This is my favorite game of all time, and I have decided to play it yet again, since I have gotten sick of people on WOW. However, yes i am lazy and want to play with the cheats. I added the debug mode in the .ini file, which was no small task, due to the security measures on the new windows. I am coming to the problem when i try to bring up the cluaconsole. When i press space/ctrl all it does is pause. Is there anything i am doing wrong, or can do to fix this?

User Info: mrolympia78

mrolympia78
6 years ago#2
I have the same exact problem with windows 7 and cheats. hope you have an old computer to play it on, that's what I do. I just keep an old PC to play the baldur's gate saga on.
Iowa - 2010 Orange Bowl Champions

User Info: goldenmouth

goldenmouth
6 years ago#3
There is a simple solution for the TC's issue which can be found with a search engine, called Google.

I'm using Win7 and I've got no problems with my console coming up - because I know about Google.

Anyway, about using an old computer for old games and a new computer for new games, it makes sense doesn't it?

You could tweak and mod the hell out of your game to get it working, but why bother?

Another way, a way I have grown to love, is called virtualisation, and it enables me to run several operating systems from the one install, from the lowest-brow stuff like Windows95 to the highest-brow Linux.

I mean, imagine playing BG1 and Planescape glitch-free, without mods, under the O.S with the APIs and drivers they were designed for?
Imagine playing Fallout like that!

Virtualisation is the key. Virtualisation.

---
XD @ the fat kid's rant about bullies. You sound like an after-school program on legs. Big, meaty sausage legs. - Absurd Questions to The_Pig_ aka hairymanboobs now BGrools, 6/10/08.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Cheats not working with windows 7

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived