Multi or Dual Fighter/Thief?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Multi or Dual Fighter/Thief?

User Info: red255

red255
3 weeks ago#21
yeah in a party, I didn't notice much problems with dualing a kensai to theif.

I just dropped my party thief and picked up a party tank and balance was restored for the duration.

apparently level 39 thief is 6,380,000 and thief 40 is 8 million. so you could spend as much as 1620000 on fighter or fighter 13

and still reach theif 39.

this would give you 8 prof points as a fighter.
4? prof points as a thief (which can only be spent to one pip and only on theif weapons)
and 6 prof points as a fighter/thief.

which actually seems ideal to me for a solo.

I didn't do it because A kensai 12/thief 39 was strong enough for a 6 man party with core difficulty.

and has less downtime. ended up with like 147 lore.

went with grandmaster longswords, grandmaster scimitars/etc.

andgurval and scarlet ninja to.

did the EE companion quests. was a monster. theres a hat you get in ToB on Rassad's quest that gives 1 cast of righteous magic per day, to kick you up to 25 strength for 1 turn.

if you want to backstab with 25 strength. you could take a cleric ring from a level 25 cleric and andurval to have 23 strength just chilling.

but yeah, craft potions of speed. wear gauntlets of extraordinary weapon specialization 10 attacks per round. have 6 spike traps for things, regular traps for other things.

its a beast.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  3. Multi or Dual Fighter/Thief?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.