This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should Filipinos be called someone besides Asian ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Should Filipinos be called someone besides Asian ?

User Info: Billy_Inc

Billy_Inc
6 years ago#1
They don't look like most other people get the term Asian used on them . Many of them like like Latino people. Seeing as how the same logic is used with not calling African-American people African-American since they other people look like African-American but are not . If you care to look into the facts African-Americans are genetically different than most other peoples in Africa. Since they are genetically different, why should that have the same classification just because they look alike ?

User Info: KD003

KD003
6 years ago#2
I'm of Filipino descent, and I would consider myself Asian, just because the Archipelago really isn't that far from the mainland. However, we are literally a boiling pot of many other things, so I see how difficult it is to define us.

Personally, I don't mind much if we're Asian or not, as long as we're not looked down upon. However, I do have friends who are somewhat more 'militant' about our definition.
Where were you when Sony 8001050F'ed up?
2/28/2010- Never forget ='(

User Info: gamesrgreat

gamesrgreat
6 years ago#3
We are Asian...

If we aren't then what are Indonesian people, Indian people, etc? Does Asian only apply to Chinese, Japanese and Korean?
The Miami Heat

User Info: KD003

KD003
6 years ago#4
Since they are genetically different, why should that have the same classification just because they look alike ?

Please chose your words wisely.
Where were you when Sony 8001050F'ed up?
2/28/2010- Never forget ='(

User Info: MrEko_

MrEko_
6 years ago#5
The major point they I am trying to make is that Filipinos have self determination on what they are classed as . While one other group in the world people complain about when they try to have self-determination about what they are classed as . And I am just trying to understand why some people complain about other groups and why are those complains seen as ok. but with other groups it can not be question .

User Info: Jolteon

Jolteon
6 years ago#6
Oh God, you just did it again.
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?

User Info: MrEko_

MrEko_
6 years ago#7
Jolteon posted...
Oh God, you just did it again.

At this point it is done , so I don't care anymore.

User Info: Ricemills

Ricemills
6 years ago#8
just call them Pinoys.
You have the right to remain silent, anything you post will be misquoted, then used against you.

User Info: gamesrgreat

gamesrgreat
6 years ago#9
This is a pretty lulzy fail
The Miami Heat
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Should Filipinos be called someone besides Asian ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived