This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

religion brings progress!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. religion brings progress!

User Info: Jimayo

Jimayo
3 years ago#11
InfiniteOpening posted...
Christianity is much better than the Paganism of Europe.

Questionable. I doubt we'd be a sexually repressed society if we celebrated sex like pagans did.
261 - More troll food than any other board on the net.
What the right sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rYqF_BtIwAU

User Info: ForsakenHermit

ForsakenHermit
3 years ago#12
If I do anymore trilby tipping I'll sprain my wrist.
"Tyranny of all kinds is to be abhor'd whether it be in the hands of the one, or the few, or the many."-James Otis

User Info: mizukage2

mizukage2
3 years ago#13
Oh look, that thing everyone called after the hobby lobby case has happened, shocking.
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
the final bahamut 3 years ago#14
ForsakenHermit posted...
If I do anymore trilby tipping I'll sprain my wrist.

While the sort of unthinking anti-religion rhetoric that the trilby crowd spout is insipid and unproductive, it is equally unproductive to not acknowledge the shortcomings in various isms. And it really cannot be argued that Christianity was a major anti-sex and pro-patriarchal influence upon Europe. And Islam was likewise a very patriarchal influence upon the middle east. Many other religious, including most pre-Christian pagan religions was far more in contact with human sexuality, and some pre-Christian societies had a degree of gender equality that would not be seen again in Europe until the 20th century.

However, it is also pertinent to mention that it is uncertain whether human sacrifices in Europe would have ended without Christianity.
Faciendere id pro RAVz.
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.

User Info: InfiniteOpening

InfiniteOpening
3 years ago#15
Jimayo posted...

Questionable. I doubt we'd be a sexually repressed society if we celebrated sex like pagans did.

I was trolling.

Also the reverse of being sexually repressed isn't any better: being promiscuous to the point you have little to no energy to study the stars, the organs, and so forth. Polytheistic Pagans didn't study **** and were too busy ritualistically dancing around tunes that reference nothing (i.e., superstitions).

I'm not saying monotheism is any better, but it was an improvement in how it grounded man in the natural state of things more.
the final bahamut 3 years ago#16
Jimayo posted...

I was trolling.

Also the reverse of being sexually repressed isn't any better: being promiscuous to the point you have little to no energy to study the stars, the organs, and so forth. Polytheistic Pagans didn't study **** and were too busy ritualistically dancing around tunes that reference nothing (i.e., superstitions).

Actually they had a good knowledge of the stars, just not as much as the Indians or Mesopotamians who were really the fore runners of astrology. And the Indians were the guys who made the karma sutra and the mesopotamian religions had prostitute priestesses and belived the world was made when a guy flooded the world in his semen and then slept with his sister, daughter and granddaughter.
These were not anti-sex people. These were people who made sex a central aspect of life. And they invented a f***load of science and philosophy.

Actually, your celibate Christians wouldn't really start inventing stuff for a few centuries later and then it was mostly beer and stuff for making war. Then later on, sex got back into the public with the wild and "f*** it, we're all going to die anyway so why not invent the gimp suit" sex-orgies of the Renaissance when art started improving by leaps and bounds.
Faciendere id pro RAVz.
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.

User Info: Jimayo

Jimayo
3 years ago#17
Jimayo posted...

I was trolling.

I'm not saying monotheism is any better, but it was an improvement in how it grounded man in the natural state of things more.

Still trolling apparently.
261 - More troll food than any other board on the net.
What the right sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rYqF_BtIwAU

User Info: GFGmerlin

GFGmerlin
3 years ago#18
Well, I'll humor you.

With how american's education system it's not bad idea to send kids off to ranch once in while to work up to 8 hours a day. Might do well to improving their work ethic. Something that's actually useful to learn for real life out there. There are many lazy people who have s*** work ethic.
Your average conservative's delusional:
"I never really have bought into Snoop Dogg doing drugs. I think it is a charade to seem hip." ~ CM_Punk__sxe

User Info: yzman

yzman
3 years ago#19
Lets give a big thanks to our idiot SCOTUS
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."

User Info: InfiniteOpening

InfiniteOpening
3 years ago#20
the final bahamut posted...
Jimayo posted...

I was trolling.

Actually they had a good knowledge of the stars, just not as much as the Indians or Mesopotamians who were really the fore runners of astrology. And the Indians were the guys who made the karma sutra and the mesopotamian religions had prostitute priestesses and belived the world was made when a guy flooded the world in his semen and then slept with his sister, daughter and granddaughter.
These were not anti-sex people. These were people who made sex a central aspect of life. And they invented a f***load of science and philosophy.

Actually, your celibate Christians wouldn't really start inventing stuff for a few centuries later and then it was mostly beer and stuff for making war. Then later on, sex got back into the public with the wild and "f*** it, we're all going to die anyway so why not invent the gimp suit" sex-orgies of the Renaissance when art started improving by leaps and bounds.

I'm a Persian and Zoroastrian.

I don't want sex orgies.

You white people can do that if you want.

Christianity civilized your backwards Pagan nonsense, and Christianity wouldn't exist without Persian influence. Those heathen religions have no place in the world of modern empirical science. Don't make me take out my shamshir.

The greatest minds have been celibate (e.g., Nikola Tesla), but that doesn't mean one should be celibate. It just means being preoccupied with sex will waste your energy. The Pagans accomplished nothing compared to when they became Christians.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. religion brings progress!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived