This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is Russia invading Ukraine the same as Russia's shenanigans in the Cold War?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. So is Russia invading Ukraine the same as Russia's shenanigans in the Cold War?

User Info: The_Weegee

The_Weegee
3 years ago#1
or nha?
Breloom is the satanic spawn of hell.-BahamutZero92

User Info: Goatthief

Goatthief
3 years ago#2
Up
sometimes i wish i was a goat so i was carefree and wouldnt have to worry about things like this -BsBalla

User Info: Superlnfinity45

Superlnfinity45
3 years ago#3
"invasion" is a bizarre and nonsensical term to use for Russian activities in Ukraine. Russia no more "invaded" Ukraine than the US did.

The word "invade" is so incredibly wrong that it's really takes some headscratching to wonder who the US could possibly be trying to fool, and what they hope to gain by getting that level of individual on board.
He who understands baboon would do more towards metaphysics than Locke. - Charles Darwin

User Info: Kradek

Kradek
3 years ago#4
Superlnfinity45 posted...
"invasion" is a bizarre and nonsensical term to use for Russian activities in Ukraine. Russia no more "invaded" Ukraine than the US did.

The word "invade" is so incredibly wrong that it's really takes some headscratching to wonder who the US could possibly be trying to fool, and what they hope to gain by getting that level of individual on board.

This is perhaps the best example of I've ever seen of trying too hard.
I want to start a fry company called Freedom Fries with a slogan saying "Prepare to have your stomach invaded"

User Info: Atralis

Atralis
3 years ago#5
Kradek posted...
Superlnfinity45 posted...

This is perhaps the best example of I've ever seen of trying too hard.

He has a point though. In the Cold War the Russians responded to situations like this by sending in hundreds of thousands of troops with tanks to support to crush any attempts to pull away from Moscow.
~ IN THE FUTURE there will be no black people and white people. Just robots.

User Info: UltimaXOmega

UltimaXOmega
3 years ago#6
Ukraine and Belarus were part of Russia for centuries.
Malorossiya,Novorossiya and Byelorussia.
The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic-Joseph Stalin
Official Black Mage Vivi of the Final Fantasy XV board

User Info: Nitro378

Nitro378
3 years ago#7
...did you just say 'byelolrussia'? How appropriate.
Owen Jones 2015 --- Warren/Sanders 2016
Number of 30-day suspensions received for talking about Zionism: 3
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. So is Russia invading Ukraine the same as Russia's shenanigans in the Cold War?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived