This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does a herd mentality (goats cited as an example) undermine the U.S. economy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Does a herd mentality (goats cited as an example) undermine the U.S. economy?

User Info: paulo_yamato

paulo_yamato
3 years ago#1
http://www.redstate.com/diary/testing/2014/09/26/votes-goats/

Liberal Democrat politics is about special interest groups. Their constituents are easily identifiable based on gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, labor affiliation, etc. Ideologically they all roughly adhere to the religion of environmentalism. These voting blocs want their government services, their giveaways, wealth redistribution. They also want special rules that favor their group. These special interest groups act a lot like goats; not the individual members who are generally good people but the groups as a whole. Their only reason to exist is to achieve the group’s goals – nothing else. They only want to feed with no thought of the consequences. Their owners, the liberal Democrat elite, will continue to feed them as long as the elite get what they want –power – even if it kills the group and America.

Until conservatives and Republicans find ways to break this “feed bag” mentality America has little hope. Step one for us is to not vote for politicians who feed the goats. A vote for a Democrat is a vote to feed the goats. Step two is to make sure our leaders don’t feed their own goats. I say NO VOTES FOR GOATS. After my goat died I bought a weed eater, the mechanical kind. It wasn’t hard to keep the land trimmed especially with my children’s help. I suspect the Republican Party will do well without goats also.

I've noticed this my entire life, a sort of Stockholm Syndrome being played up by various groups the Democrats support (and who support the Democrats with donations).
Other than the NRA and business owners, I can't think of much any groups that number into the thousands of small interest groups that donate millions to the Democrats every year.

Of course, those donators get back billions of dollars in subsidies and a special place in the tax code/subsidies.
The politics board's number 1 Libertarian.
PREPARE to be teabagged sucker.

User Info: FunWithAFryPan

FunWithAFryPan
3 years ago#2
Um, no. Herd instinct is necessary for late capitalism to even function. Deleuze and Guattari wrote a book about this (well, two books) called Capitalism and Schitzophrenia. Volume one is called Anti-Oedipus and volume two is called A Thousand Plateaus.
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.

User Info: Goatthief

Goatthief
3 years ago#3
*steals them*
sometimes i wish i was a goat so i was carefree and wouldnt have to worry about things like this -BsBalla

User Info: Valnor50

Valnor50
3 years ago#4
The biggest threat to our economy, the global economy, and well-being in general are the filthy rich men that are running it into the ground. I don't know how delusional you have to be to still not see this.

User Info: Balrog0

Balrog0
3 years ago#5
I didn't understand what you were saying at all from the part you quoted, so I read the article and they aren't using goats as an example of herd mentality at all. He's saying that whatever interest groups Democrats represent (unspecified) are like goats in that they always want more ("government handouts") the way that goats will eat more until they die.

The implication is probably that social services are bad for people but good for getting votes which is arguably true, but it ignores the elephant in the room (hah) which is that the GOP is beholden to their own special interest groups, and if you really think "welfare queens" have more political clout than corporate tycoons, that's just laughable
He would make his mark, if not on this tree, then on that wall; if not with teeth and claws, then with penknife and razor.

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
3 years ago#6
well to be fair, the right (at least the highly vocal religious whackjob fringe of it) has its own set of problems with special interests...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/25/the-1-billion-a-year-right-wing-conspiracy-you-haven-t-heard-of.html
http://i.imgur.com/4fmtLFt.gif
http://s1.zetaboards.com/sba/ ........lol, Mods!

User Info: YouAreCrumbs

YouAreCrumbs
3 years ago#7
no "shut up, wolf" yet?
joey444
We elect Obama and all the capitalists will be executed. This is a legitimate concern of mine. - OMGWTFPIE, 2011

User Info: FunWithAFryPan

FunWithAFryPan
3 years ago#8
YouAreCrumbs posted...
no "shut up, wolf" yet?

Go for it man. Reach for the stars.
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Does a herd mentality (goats cited as an example) undermine the U.S. economy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived