This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Violence in the media

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Violence in the media

User Info: Stakeholder

Stakeholder
3 years ago#1
Why is there so much violence in our media today? Not even half a minute after I turn on the television, I can see a dude's head being blown off. That's obviously not a good thing for the younger people in our society and how they can get accustomed to such brutality. And it's not surprising that there are so many problems with killers and criminals nowadays. Should the media be toned down so that there is less violence in the streets?

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
3 years ago#2
There's less violence in the media now than there used to be.

or are we pretending things like dehumanising huge groups of people in times of war, lots of threats of nuclear holocausts and all the just as ridiculous and violent entertainment that was around in the "good ol' days" didn't exist, to try and pretend like our present time is somehow special and significant

are we gonna do that
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

User Info: Goatthief

Goatthief
3 years ago#3
80s was like hyper violent dude. Kids had GI JOE and other hyper violent shows to watch. What cartoons today even come close?
sometimes i wish i was a goat so i was carefree and wouldnt have to worry about things like this -BsBalla

User Info: Liquefy

Liquefy
3 years ago#4

No.
Video games are dominated by shooters, fighters, monster-killing.
Television shows are filled with murders (cop procedurals, "super hero" fighters, fantasy deaths (vampires, etc.), terrorism plotlines, etc.)
Films are filled with murders, similarly.
Crime dominates local news programs.
Think again.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 1500-2565-5525 Refurbished Items on Display

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
3 years ago#5
I can't tell if Liquefy is making a joke post, or is he just a joke person.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

User Info: Camelotking524

Camelotking524
3 years ago#6
Liquefy posted...

No.
Video games are dominated by shooters, fighters, monster-killing.
Television shows are filled with murders (cop procedurals, "super hero" fighters, fantasy deaths (vampires, etc.), terrorism plotlines, etc.)
Films are filled with murders, similarly.
Crime dominates local news programs.
Think again.

Besides the video game part, those things could be applied to any time period from the early 50s on.
"The War on Christmas starts earlier every year". - Miasthmatic
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Violence in the media

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived