This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Leftist violence makes university ban Ann Coulter

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Leftist violence makes university ban Ann Coulter

User Info: IMadepooh4U

IMadepooh4U
3 months ago#1
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/04/19/berkeley-cancels-ann-coulter-speech-over-fears-of-more-violent-protests/?utm_term=.a0f687f000e6

After riots and violent protests in and around their campus during the past three months, officials at the University of California at Berkeley said Wednesday that the school is canceling a planned speech by conservative firebrand Ann Coulter because of safety concerns.

In a letter to a campus Republican group that invited Coulter to speak, university officials said that they made the decision to cancel Coulter’s appearance after assessing the violence that flared on campus in February, when the same college Republican group invited right-wing provocateur and Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos to speak...

Coulter said the university insisted that her speech take place in the middle of the day, that only students could attend, and that the exact venue wouldn’t be announced until the last minute. She said that she agreed with the conditions, but that apparently wasn’t good enough.

“They just up and announced that I was prohibited from speaking anyway,” Coulter said...

The new fascists prefer settling arguments with violence instead of reason.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average legressive - Winston Churchill

User Info: CommonGrackle

CommonGrackle
3 months ago#2
she should speak exactly one foot away from campus grounds.
globalist

User Info: BilalPowell

BilalPowell
3 months ago#3
Just the thought of potential leftist violence based on past experience got her canceled. It's just assumed members of the party of peace will be violent now.
Start me, bench Forte

User Info: SPMcGuilicutty

SPMcGuilicutty
3 months ago#4
IMadepooh4U posted...
The new fascists prefer settling arguments with violence instead of reason.

The "New fascists" are just the old fascists.

And we've tried reasoning with you guys before. You've proven that you're not here to debate in good faith.
Official Board Dad of 261
Not changing this sig until infinitys_7th pays me the $1,000 he owes me(4/6/17)

User Info: GritBusters

GritBusters
3 months ago#5
BilalPowell posted...
Just the thought of potential leftist violence based on past experience got her canceled. It's just assumed members of the party of peace will be violent now.

And which "party" is that?
Bustin' Justin makes us feel good!

User Info: BlazBBQ

BlazBBQ
3 months ago#6
This wouldn't be a big issue if the police in Berkeley were just allowed to do their job. They have been given stand down orders each time the leftist protestors have gotten violent.
Tha anti-myth rhythm rock shocker...

User Info: BilalPowell

BilalPowell
3 months ago#7
GritBusters posted...
BilalPowell posted...

And which "party" is that?

Good question, but the party that likes to call themselves the party of peace, love and tolerance should get a dictionary.
Start me, bench Forte

User Info: SPMcGuilicutty

SPMcGuilicutty
3 months ago#8
BlazBBQ posted...
This wouldn't be a big issue if the police in Berkeley were just allowed to do their job.

I agree, this wouldn't be an issue if the police put a stop to the dangerous fascists.
Official Board Dad of 261
Not changing this sig until infinitys_7th pays me the $1,000 he owes me(4/6/17)
Barenziah Boy Toy 3 months ago#9
Rescinding an invitation for a guest =/= ban. Ann Coulter is welcome to visit the school in private. No one is banning her from entering the school.
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}

User Info: ImperialDragon

ImperialDragon
3 months ago#10
Maybe if the Berkeley police would actually do their goddamn job for once instead of sitting on their hands, they wouldn't be being effectively held hostage by antifa.
EMPTY [IIIII-----] FULL
The WTF!?-o-meter is currently... Normal
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Leftist violence makes university ban Ann Coulter

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived