This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jeff Sessions insults Hawaii

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Jeff Sessions insults Hawaii

User Info: hoax123

hoax123
5 months ago#51
Yami_no_Geimu posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...
And yes it IS demeaning to not call Hawaii a state.

Lmao.

Demeaning.

I would recommend seeking professional help if you feel "demeaned" by being called what you are. Something quite benign... islands. This is a mental illness.

As for the judge. Again, he's a hack. He had a 43 page decision released within 2 hours of hearing the case. In other words, it was already decided and pre-planned. Profoundly corrupt.

But seriously though, time to stop being a joke person.
There's no "left" in the US. You have the lunatic right (R) and the right who won't come out of the closet (D).
- EightySix22

User Info: Heineken14

Heineken14
5 months ago#52
C_Mat posted...
To reasonable people, his comment implies that a judge located on an island in the ocean doesn't have to grapple with the threats to the American mainland that radical Islamic terrorists pose. Perhaps if Hawaii was subjected to Islamic terror attacks like the mainland has been, the judge wouldn't have ruled against this.

Of course, liberals see everything through a race lens so I don't expect them to understand taking a Republican's comment in a reasonable way.

OR, and hear me out here, he's doing his f***ing job and following the constitution. I thought you right wingers hugged your constitutional body pillow at nights? Would sure seem that way since you wouldn't shut the f*** up about every sneeze and missed word of Obama's being so "unconstitutional" that he should be impeached.
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.

User Info: Ellesarien

Ellesarien
5 months ago#53
C_Mat posted...
Perhaps if Hawaii was subjected to Islamic terror attacks like the mainland has been, the judge wouldn't have ruled against this.

So only New York and Washington DC judicial should be able to rule on this...

Yaaa...You're the Smart!
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
5 months ago#54
Heineken14 posted...
C_Mat posted...
To reasonable people, his comment implies that a judge located on an island in the ocean doesn't have to grapple with the threats to the American mainland that radical Islamic terrorists pose. Perhaps if Hawaii was subjected to Islamic terror attacks like the mainland has been, the judge wouldn't have ruled against this.

Of course, liberals see everything through a race lens so I don't expect them to understand taking a Republican's comment in a reasonable way.

OR, and hear me out here, he's doing his f***ing job and following the constitution. I thought you right wingers hugged your constitutional body pillow at nights? Would sure seem that way since you wouldn't shut the f*** up about every sneeze and missed word of Obama's being so "unconstitutional" that he should be impeached.

And they call liberals elitist.
Orlando City/USA Soccer
Dukat 2020. Make Cardassia Great Again!

User Info: TheShadowViper

TheShadowViper
5 months ago#55
FunWithAFryPan posted...
M_Project posted...
lol Is that the best thing libs can bash?

Since when was Hawaii not a Pacific Island?

Since when are we not allowed to criticize a court decisions? Judges have made plenty of bad decisions before. They're not immune from criticism.

Hawaii is an archipelago.

Hawaii is an island within the state of Hawaii which is an archipelago. This is common knowledge. There is absolutely nothing inaccurate about what Sessions said. He is right, a judge coming from an island from a very small state should not have the ability to block the actions of a president on an issue that has long been decided. The judge is playing for time and everyone knows it. I haven't seen a single legal scholar say that when this order faces judicial scrutiny that it will stand.

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
5 months ago#56
TheShadowViper posted...
FunWithAFryPan posted...
M_Project posted...
lol Is that the best thing libs can bash?

Since when was Hawaii not a Pacific Island?

Since when are we not allowed to criticize a court decisions? Judges have made plenty of bad decisions before. They're not immune from criticism.

Hawaii is an island within the state of Hawaii which is an archipelago. This is common knowledge. There is absolutely nothing inaccurate about what Sessions said. He is right, a judge coming from an island from a very small state should not have the ability to block the actions of a president on an issue that has long been decided. The judge is playing for time and everyone knows it. I haven't seen a single legal scholar say that when this order faces judicial scrutiny that it will stand.

Except he isn't on the island of hawaii
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: FunWithAFryPan

FunWithAFryPan
5 months ago#57
TheShadowViper posted...
the state of Hawaii which is an archipelago.

FunWithAFryPan posted...

Feel free to try again, but let me just go ahead and say that this probably isn't going to bear much fruit for you.
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.

User Info: TheShadowViper

TheShadowViper
5 months ago#58
FunWithAFryPan posted...
TheShadowViper posted...
the state of Hawaii which is an archipelago.

FunWithAFryPan posted...

Feel free to try again, but let me just go ahead and say that this probably isn't going to bear much fruit for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_island
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii

Took me 20 seconds to give you information you should have learned by 5th grade. At least wiki things before making yourself look like an idiot.

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
5 months ago#59
And please tell me what the hell hawaiis size has to do with anything? You people really d consider it a lesser state
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: C_Mat

C_Mat
5 months ago#60
Ellesarien posted...
C_Mat posted...
Perhaps if Hawaii was subjected to Islamic terror attacks like the mainland has been, the judge wouldn't have ruled against this.

So only New York and Washington DC judicial should be able to rule on this...

Yaaa...You're the Smart!

So you make up words I don't even believe and then put them in my mouth and call me dumb for saying them? lol

Several locations have been subjected to Islamic terror attacks, such as Boston, San Bernardino and Orlando- and those are just in the past couple years. Not sure why you think this is still 2001.

Again, Sessions' point is that Hawaii is pretty far removed from a lot of these things so it's entirely possible that this judge would change his tune if Hawaii wasn't so safe. But some liberals want to instead interpret his words as if he was making an ignorant or racist remark because that's the level at which their brains function. Again, reasonable people understand perfectly well what he meant. It's the people who misinterpret it that I'm lol-ing at.
https://youtu.be/muXbrE3u6ns | That farmhouse, there.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Jeff Sessions insults Hawaii

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived