This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hey Trolls: This is what the Election look like adjusted for PPL - not Land Mass

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Hey Trolls: This is what the Election look like adjusted for PPL - not Land Mass

User Info: willythemailboy

willythemailboy
3 months ago#101
BlazBBQ posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...

Every vote should be 1 f***ing vote

A pure Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.

Four Nazis and a Jew voting on who gets stuffed into the gas chamber is more appropriate to current events.
He who laughs last, thinks fastest.

User Info: willythemailboy

willythemailboy
3 months ago#102
ClayGuida posted...
So again, it's all speculation and fear mongering.

No, it's voting their best interest.
He who laughs last, thinks fastest.

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
3 months ago#103
PraetorXyn posted...
gogues posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
gamer687333 posted...
Doctor__Pepper posted...
IMadepooh4U posted...
Doctor__Pepper posted...
ITP: Empty land has more rights than people.

ITP: Farmers should have no control over their destiny. They should be at the mercy of inner city, latte-sipping virtue-signallers.

Yes. That's exactly how it should be. It's called democracy.

No, that's called tyranny of the majority. If you think you have the right to dictate to a minority because you have a higher population than them... You're not very progressive or liberal, are you? Doesn't matter if the minority is merely population of a state or of a race, you don't have the right to dictate to another party or race or state just because you have the bigger numbers.

I never noticed but it is a tad ironic that those b****ing about the EC would generally be the first ones jumping to defend minorities on social issues.

Probably because small states already get, by design, equal representation in the senate. On the other hand, the current situation has a minority not just getting representation but essentially dominating the entire government. You can't even say that the HoR gives proportionate representation anymore because of gerrymandering. How is that fair? Why shouldn't one branch of government actually represent a true will of the people?

The electoral college was created to ensure that demagogues and such could not hold office, but it's pretty clearly failed in that respect.

Even without gerrymandering Democrats would do terribly in the house as they have zero presence outside major metropolitan areas and their suburbs (look at the electoral map by county, no gerrymandering could affect that), and that will always put them in a minority of districts. You can see a prevalent attitude from the Hillary wing of the party that basically amounts to disgust, condescension and loathing toward rural Americans. That's a much larger problem for you in the house than gerrymandering.

When you win about 500 out of 3000+ counties, and congrssional districts are geographical in nature, yeah you have a huge problem.

Do you even know what gerrymandering is? It really seems like you don't
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: nobleisthyname

nobleisthyname
3 months ago#104
I thought I've had, if our system remains the same won't the issue with the election of high population centers having less relative voting power just get worse over time?

More and more people will continue to move to these locations as this is where the majority of the wealth is and thus continue to put more relative voting power in the hands of those who stay in rural areas.

Further, as high population centers continue to grow and diversify I'd imagine it would be easier to campaign in these rural areas as they would be a tighter voting bloc.
http://i.imgur.com/q9ZP3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/rBKxd.gif

User Info: hunter_gohan

hunter_gohan
3 months ago#105
BlazBBQ posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...

Every vote should be 1 f***ing vote

A pure Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.

That's an argument for rights like freedom of religion and that they shouldn't be up to the whims of the majority, not an argument that a sheep's vote should be worth 4x as much as a wolf's. Since if that were the case the one sheep could now vote to kill the wolves and you have the exact same problem since it'd be 4-2.
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
3 months ago#106
willythemailboy posted...
ClayGuida posted...

What does this even mean?
lolAmerica

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
3 months ago#107
ClayGuida posted...
ClayGuida posted...

For example if neither party has put forward any policy that would improve their economic situation, why would they support either one? Many of them voted Trump because at least he spoke to them and visited them and had anti-trade rhetoric, whereas Hillary all but ignored them and told coal miners, many of them middle aged, she was going to out them out of work and retrain them for new jobs. Who in their right mind would have voted for her in that situation?

Don't get me wrong, aside from killing the TPP Trump won't do anything to help these people but Hillary wouldn't have either. Nobody is hiring a 50 year old for an entry level desk job.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
Barenziah Boy Toy 3 months ago#108
PraetorXyn posted...
Who in their right mind would have voted for her in that situation?

Anyone capable of understanding basic reality.
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}

User Info: Heineken14

Heineken14
3 months ago#109
PraetorXyn posted...
ClayGuida posted...
ClayGuida posted...

For example if neither party has put forward any policy that would improve their economic situation, why would they support either one? Many of them voted Trump because at least he spoke to them and visited them and had anti-trade rhetoric, whereas Hillary all but ignored them and told coal miners, many of them middle aged, she was going to out them out of work and retrain them for new jobs. Who in their right mind would have voted for her in that situation?

Don't get me wrong, aside from killing the TPP Trump won't do anything to help these people but Hillary wouldn't have either. Nobody is hiring a 50 year old for an entry level desk job.

I mean, that's still not voting in your best interest since Donnie's plan just won't actually happen.
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.

User Info: WarDog2016

WarDog2016
3 months ago#110
Instead of whining about how geography should do more than people, why don't you do meaningful work to advocate to devolve more powers to state and local governments so that all this big swaths of red fail can decide for themselves how they want to deal with their meth heads?

but all the liberals tell me that "states rights" is just code for "bigot"

:(
psn: Couch_Sloth_2016
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Hey Trolls: This is what the Election look like adjusted for PPL - not Land Mass

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived