This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

California just passed a super-regressive gas tax

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. California just passed a super-regressive gas tax

User Info: iGenesis

iGenesis
7 months ago#1
http://www.insidesources.com/california-gas-tax-subsidizes-electric-cars/

With the new gas tax, this average driver will pay $200 in gas taxes over the course of the year, double the [$100 flat] fee that the driver of an electric car will pay to drive on the same roads.

More government-funded welfare for millionaires and billionaires that own Teslas, as if the $7,500 tax credits weren't enough.
2012 U_U
2017 X_X

User Info: Newhopes

Newhopes
7 months ago#2
Most of the people I know who lived in California fled the state over the last few years.

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
7 months ago#3
California does a number of regressive things to achieve the goals of the elites (who often don't carry as much relative burden).
I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I am your sXe hero.
They should build a mosque in mecca. Right next to the dome of the rock. -- Lord Sideous

User Info: chaos knight

chaos knight
7 months ago#4
And this is one reason I'm kind of glad for the Electoral College. So ideological radical states like California aren't able to impose their values and laws on the rest of the country.
Seattle Seahawks
Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
7 months ago#5
Oh no, $8 a month to not drive a vastly more expensive electric car.

If the federal government would actually fund California road projects instead of wasting billions on bridges in bumf*** nowhere Alabama, CA wouldn't have to self-fund so much.
Hands fit together like medicine butterfly itch on a bottle rocket tail everything is bleeding shake the glass out of your hair spell your name in broken teeth

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
7 months ago#6
sfcalimari posted...

If the federal government would actually fund California road projects instead of wasting billions on bridges in bumf*** nowhere Alabama, CA wouldn't have to self-fund so much.

CA can't be the only state that gets Federal funding, there are 50 states that have different needs that all needs attention.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: omega bahumat

omega bahumat
7 months ago#7
KamenRiderBlade posted...
sfcalimari posted...

CA can't be the only state that gets Federal funding, there are 50 states that have different needs that all needs attention.

I don't live there, I live in GA. But I always found it aggravating that us southerners like to whine about CA and NY so much, but they prop up most of our projects with the amount of income they provide the USA.

If anything - we should be grateful.

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
7 months ago#8
omega bahumat posted...
I don't live there, I live in GA. But I always found it aggravating that us southerners like to whine about CA and NY so much, but they prop up most of our projects with the amount of income they provide the USA.

If anything - we should be grateful.
As a SoCal resident; there are tons of inefficiency's / taxes that are being wasted on countless entitlements.

Promises that were made by previous administrations that we the current residents must suffer for through higher taxes.

Lots of inefficient things that we are paying through the nose with.

If anything all level of governments need to go through a maximum efficiency manager training and not just look at short term, but long term efficiency as well.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: masher11

masher11
7 months ago#9
chaos knight posted...
And this is one reason I'm kind of glad for the Electoral College. So ideological radical states like California aren't able to impose their values and laws on the rest of the country.

User Info: Nitro378

Nitro378
7 months ago#10
chaos knight posted...

So that ideologically radical states like Alabama can impose their values instead, except unlike urban liberals they aren't actually the majority in the country?
Sanders 2016 - Corbyn 2020 - Varoufakis Forever www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku8LclsFhAM
Number of 30-day suspensions for attacking Zionism: 3
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. California just passed a super-regressive gas tax

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived