This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are your core issues?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. What are your core issues?

User Info: theAteam

theAteam
3 months ago#21
Anti-corruption. Usually I will look at a candidate's donor list (if available) and see how they've voted in controversial bills relating to corporate handouts. I've been watching politics long enough to see that words during a campaign are useless, it's more important to see what their actions have been.

Environmentalism. Not necessarily "WE NEED 100% RENEWABLES!1!!" but I don't know if I could vote for a climate change denier, if only because it speaks to how their logical thought process works. Plus they are more than likely in the pocket of the petroleum industry. But I get immediately turned off by anyone that denies nuclear power as a viable energy option. You don't have to think it's the end-all-be-all answer but to shrug it off because of out-dated views about waste and meltdowns just screams ignorance to me.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125424989@N08/
Beginner in photography. Feel free to critique.

User Info: LastBossKiller

LastBossKiller
3 months ago#22
Anti-corruption for me too. I could support a Republican or Democrat if I thought they were genuinely going to try to make things better for the people of the country and not exclusively for billionaires. Other than Bernie, I have always held my nose when voting for the lesser evil since all presidential candidates appear untrustworthy. I had a small sliver of hope that Trump would drain the swamp, but that was obviously an epic lie (I didn't vote for him though because it was obviously a lie from the start).
Peppermint ice cream

User Info: M_Project

M_Project
3 months ago#23
SaikyoStyle posted...
hivebent4life posted...
M_Project posted...
hivebent4life posted...
M_Project posted...
Garioshi posted...
Not being for some form of universal healthcare
Authoritarianism

This sounds like a contradiction.

Taxes are not authoritarian

Depends on what the tax money is used for. The notion that "I am breathing therefore I deserve you're money" is indeed authoritarian.

Everyone deserves the right to healthcare. Do you really think it's authoritarian to ask that every person pays a few extra dollars a month in order to keep people alive?

That's wayyyyyy too complicated a question for him, as evidenced by everything he says.

You're so right!

We all deserve the right to have healthcare. Surely everyone someday will need treatment from a doctor.
We also all deserve the right to go to college. We all need access to higher education!
We also need the right to have food. We all need to eat.
The right to have housing also sounds reasonable. We don't want people living on the street.
The right to a $15 minimum wage job. Everyone needs to work and have a job.
The right to have internet. These days everyone needs internet anyway.
The right to have a car. Not everyone has access to public transport.
The right to steal. Some people don't have as much money as his/her neighbor. They deserve their money.
(message deleted)

M_Project
3 months ago#25
SaikyoStyle posted...
You should learn to control your fragile, womanly emotions. You might earn one person's respect that way.

You must be against women and poor people. Are women too emotional or something?

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
3 months ago#26
#Triggered by mere words? Poor little snowflake.
Orlando City/USA Soccer
Dukat 2020. Make Cardassia Great Again!

M_Project
3 months ago#27
SaikyoStyle posted...

I was being sarcastic, and you fell for it like a fool.

User Info: hivebent4life

hivebent4life
3 months ago#28
M_Project posted...
We all deserve the right to have healthcare. Surely everyone someday will need treatment from a doctor.
We also all deserve the right to go to college. We all need access to higher education!
We also need the right to have food. We all need to eat.
The right to have housing also sounds reasonable. We don't want people living on the street.
The right to a $15 minimum wage job. Everyone needs to work and have a job.
The right to have internet. These days everyone needs internet anyway.
The right to steal. Some people don't have as much money as his/her neighbor. They deserve their money.

Housing, healthcare and food actually should be rights for all people, since they form part of the right to life. People shouldn't have to die simply because they/their parents don't have enough money.

And granting everyone the right to a full education would make it possible for more people to actually earn a good amount of money without starting off rich.
~Hivebent4Life
3DS FC: 5069-3910-2647

User Info: Guide

Guide
3 months ago#29

Hell of a leap
When you master moonwalking, sometimes you forget you're doing it.

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
3 months ago#30
M_Project posted...
SaikyoStyle posted...

I was being sarcastic, and you fell for it like a fool.

I'll Amazon Prime some tampons to your Safe Space If it'll make you feel better.
Orlando City/USA Soccer
Dukat 2020. Make Cardassia Great Again!
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. What are your core issues?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived