This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So we all know the border wall thing isn't happening, right?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. So we all know the border wall thing isn't happening, right?

User Info: battourye

battourye
3 months ago#21
Heineken14 posted...
Russian Rocket posted...
You're not supposed to take him literally. He didn't REALLY mean he was going to build a wall.

And Mexico wasn't REALLY going to pay for it. Stupid libcucks, taking Donnie seriously. That's why he won, because you guys didn't take him seriously!

Certainly we'll pay for the wall, but the idea was always that Mexico will eventually pay for it one way or another, until then its up to us to fund it!
Fools think there are good and bad guys in intl. relations.-Terran
Currently Listening To: Ondore's Lies

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
3 months ago#22
battourye posted...
Heineken14 posted...
Russian Rocket posted...
You're not supposed to take him literally. He didn't REALLY mean he was going to build a wall.

And Mexico wasn't REALLY going to pay for it. Stupid libcucks, taking Donnie seriously. That's why he won, because you guys didn't take him seriously!

Certainly we'll pay for the wall, but the idea was always that Mexico will eventually pay for it one way or another, until then its up to us to fund it!

No that's not what he EVER said
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: FunWithAFryPan

FunWithAFryPan
3 months ago#23
TomorrowDog posted...
It was a metaphorical wall to show we're tough on hippies and terrorists.

If it repairs Trump fragile ego I would support the symbolic building of a metaphorical wall. Maybe build a statue of a repulsive caricacature of a Mexican pouting up at a wall, slap Trump's name on it, and put up a gold-plated plaque next to it with one of Trump's reprehensible quotes on there, and let him claim that as his wall. We can even pay for it with tax dollars to fulfill the prophecy and we'll let Republicans claim that as a victory.

Boom, problem solved.
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.

User Info: Carmelo

Carmelo
3 months ago#24
I would support the metaphorical building of a metaphorical wall paid for with alternative dollars

User Info: mrplainswalker

mrplainswalker
3 months ago#25
FunWithAFryPan posted...
If it repairs Trump fragile ego I would support the symbolic building of a metaphorical wall. Maybe build a statue of a repulsive caricacature of a Mexican pouting up at a wall, slap Trump's name on it, and put up a gold-plated plaque next to it with one of Trump's reprehensible quotes on there, and let him claim that as his wall. We can even pay for it with tax dollars to fulfill the prophecy and we'll let Republicans claim that as a victory.

Boom, problem solved.

I think it would be even better if we built a 1 ft wall at a 1/10,000,000 scale, asked Mexico to pay for it (which they probably would in this case), and put a plaque on it labeling it "The Invisible Hands."
It's like punching a round bottom dummy. We all know it's futile, but occasionally it's fun.
- willythemailboy on the subject of stray orcas

User Info: Kradek

Kradek
3 months ago#26
hoax123 posted...
If the wall isnt built during Trumps presidency, every single republican nominee will campaign on building a wall in the future, knowing how easy it is to dupe the republican base.

Word. Trump wasn't the first Republican to talk about the wall, but he's definitely the first to make it an official GOP platform for future general elections.

User Info: IMadepooh4U

IMadepooh4U
3 months ago#27
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/20/kelly-border-wall-will-move-forward-by-end-summer.html

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly told Fox News' "The First 100 Days" Thursday that construction on the much-promised border wall would be able to "move forward by the end of the summer."

"I think something in the neighborhood of 100 companies from across the nation have shown interest and are starting to put together their prototypes," Kelly told host Martha MacCallum. "Of course, contracting is a pretty complicated business in the federal government, unfortunately. Too complicated. But I think by late spring, early summer we’ll have some prototypes."

I hope they pick an amazing and beautiful prototype.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average legressive - Winston Churchill

User Info: mrplainswalker

mrplainswalker
3 months ago#28
IMadepooh4U posted...
"I think something in the neighborhood of 100 companies from across the nation have shown interest and are starting to put together their prototypes," Kelly told host Martha MacCallum. "Of course, contracting is a pretty complicated business in the federal government, unfortunately. Too complicated. But I think by late spring, early summer we’ll have some prototypes."

So half a year in, we'll have some prototypes of something that will never be funded.

Awesome...
It's like punching a round bottom dummy. We all know it's futile, but occasionally it's fun.
- willythemailboy on the subject of stray orcas

User Info: Devilanse333

Devilanse333
3 months ago#29
Carmelo posted...
I would support the metaphorical building of a metaphorical wall paid for with alternative dollars

The "alternative dollars" will end up being tax money paid by the average citizen. =(
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. So we all know the border wall thing isn't happening, right?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived