This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trump's ultimatum to Democrats: Pay for the wall or healthcare is defunded.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Trump's ultimatum to Democrats: Pay for the wall or healthcare is defunded.

User Info: Sojy

Sojy
3 months ago#1
White House budget director Mick Mulvaney said Thursday that he hopes to use negotiations to keep the government open past April 28 in an effort to force Democrats to back some funding for creating a new wall along the U. S-Mexico border — a risky move that could provoke a spending showdown with congressional Democrats next week.

Mulvaney said the White House would be open to funding some of the Democrats’ priorities — such as paying insurance subsidies under the Affordable Care Act — if Democrats agree to fund some of the more controversial parts of President Trump’s agenda, notably the border wall.

The new request threatens to undermine weeks of negotiations between Republican leaders and Democrats in Congress to pass a stopgap spending bill to avoid a government shutdown. The negotiations so far have excluded talk of the border wall, which Republicans have argued should be taken up later to keep the government open.

“We have our list of priorities,” Mulvaney said at an event hosted by the Institute of International Finance. “We want more money for defense. We want to build a border wall. We want more money for immigration enforcement, law enforcement.”

“If they tell us to pound sand, I think that’s probably a disappointing indicator of where the next four years is going to go,” Mulvaney said. “If they tell us, however, that they recognize that President Trump won an election, and he should get some of his priorities funded for that reason, elections have consequences, as folks who win always like to say.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/white-house-could-provoke-a-spending-showdown-over-funding-for-border-wall/2017/04/20/88ccc940-2614-11e7-a1b3-faff0034e2de_story.html

Sane priorities from the president. /s

User Info: Ellesarien

Ellesarien
3 months ago#2
Sojy posted...
“If they tell us to pound sand, I think that’s probably a disappointing indicator of where the next four years is going to go,” Mulvaney said. “If they tell us, however, that they recognize that President Obama won an election, and he should get some of his priorities funded for that reason, elections have consequences, as folks who win always like to say.”

Edited for truth for the last 8 years.
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.

User Info: davyheinz

davyheinz
3 months ago#3
Better start pounding some sand then.
Currently playing: The Saboteur, Bioshock Infinite, Breath of the Wild

User Info: hivebent4life

hivebent4life
3 months ago#4
Trump is willing to let Americans die just so his ego monument is built
~Hivebent4Life
3DS FC: 5069-3910-2647

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
3 months ago#5
He just guaranteed a shutdown will happen, way to go Commander Orange
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: Mr_Church1313

Mr_Church1313
3 months ago#6
I say just shut the whole damn thing down and just let roaming barbaric hordes rule the land for the next 4 years.

It would honestly be better than building a pointless wall.
No no, we've gotta wait until someone edits it into the Wikipedia article, THEN it's irrevocable truth.

User Info: lww99

lww99
3 months ago#7
How the f*** is this real life?
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/nhottbarbwire/owningroad_zps2333f502.gif

Genericgamer667
3 months ago#8
oh and

"Mexico will pay for it"
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: Chev427BB

Chev427BB
3 months ago#9
Am I missing something or is extortion not a crime in the US?
http://i.imgur.com/vrNwwPH.gifv

Genericgamer667
3 months ago#10
this comment sums it up

Here we have Republican control of the Senate, the House, and the presidency, and yet STILL we are threatened with a shutdown over a piece of utter nonsense.

REPUBLICANS CANNOT GOVERN.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Trump's ultimatum to Democrats: Pay for the wall or healthcare is defunded.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived