This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trump's ultimatum to Democrats: Pay for the wall or healthcare is defunded.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Trump's ultimatum to Democrats: Pay for the wall or healthcare is defunded.
The Great Muta 22 7 months ago#31
It's hilarious to me that after winning all these seats and the presidency itself that Republicans STILL can't actually govern. They clearly had no faith Trump would win and now that they can't just vote no repeatedly and blame Hillary for the country they are completely clueless on what to do.
chaos knight posted...
mystic belmont posted...
Remember when the GOP had a shutdown, and the American people went out and punished them by giving them more seats in Congress?

Man, I hope the American people punish the Democrats in precisely the same way.

What Republicans showed is that there actually isn't that much pain with a government shutdown. Country didn't collapse or anything. So yeah, bring on a shutdown. Though it would suck for government employees that will have to be furloughed.

There was plenty of pain. Its just that the ones hurt the most where the ones Republican voters don't give a f*** about aka poor and vulnerable people. Most significantly, domestic violence shelters were hit hard and 20k kids lose their HeadStart access.
In Brady We Trust.
I've finally realized the secret to making a successful Mearn topic. Make it about CZG - Mearn

User Info: Ellesarien

Ellesarien
7 months ago#33
Mortainous28 posted...
Still trying to wrap my mind around this.

GOP has majority in the House and the Senate, yet cannot pass this thing they were drooling over.

Trump threatens to de-fund Healthcare, which will negatively impact his voter base, AND threatens a shut down, which will negatively affect everyone.

Trump's voter base will stand behind him regardless of the fact that his whole campaign was based around this wall and that we would NOT be paying for it.

His supporters still love him?

Answer this question : Is he a liberal?

THAT is the singular thing they care about. Unless he changes that...they would support him in anything.

Hell, He literally said he could shoot someone in Time Square and they would be ok with it.

HE WASN'T LYING.
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.

User Info: Chev427BB

Chev427BB
7 months ago#34
For once in his life
http://i.imgur.com/vrNwwPH.gifv

User Info: ThePieReborn

ThePieReborn
7 months ago#35
I'm embarrassed at the quality of statesmanship at play, even disregarding the content of all this nonsense. Just when you think you've managed to start scraping at the bottom of the barrel, it turns out it's actually a false bottom and the barrel is filled with s*** all the way down to the core of the god damned planet.

These are our elected statesmen. These people were voted into office. It's f***ing ridiculous.
Party leader, passive-aggressive doormat, pasta eater extraordinaire!

User Info: hivebent4life

hivebent4life
7 months ago#36
ThePieReborn posted...
I'm embarrassed at the quality of statesmanship at play, even disregarding the content of all this nonsense. Just when you think you've managed to start scraping at the bottom of the barrel, it turns out it's actually a false bottom and the barrel is filled with s*** all the way down to the core of the god damned planet.

These are our elected statesmen. These people were voted into office. It's f***ing ridiculous.

Welcome to late-stage capitalism
~Hivebent4Life
3DS FC: 5069-3910-2647

User Info: KyoryuCyan

KyoryuCyan
7 months ago#37
Art of the deal

The Salty Liberal Cucks want Obamacare and we need the wall. Sounds fair.
PSN - GarlockSpiral

User Info: Sir_RaZZo

Sir_RaZZo
7 months ago#38
KyoryuCyan posted...
and we need the wall. Sounds fair.

No, we don't actually. We need healthcare.
It will rain soon. Blood will fall like rain...-Karel
Member of The Phoenix Force

User Info: Mortainous28

Mortainous28
7 months ago#39
KyoryuCyan posted...
Art of the deal

The Salty Liberal Cucks.

If you have to open your statement with this, your argument is immediately invalid.
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

User Info: ThePieReborn

ThePieReborn
7 months ago#40
hivebent4life posted...
ThePieReborn posted...

Welcome to late-stage capitalism

This isn't even regarding the whole "Plz gibbe money from people's healthcare so we get wall" thing. This is purely off the back of the sheer incompetence on display here where the blame is trying to be shifted to the party whose only means of substantial opposition is the filibuster in the Senate.

I am actually f***ing livid.
Party leader, passive-aggressive doormat, pasta eater extraordinaire!
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Trump's ultimatum to Democrats: Pay for the wall or healthcare is defunded.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived