This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gorsuch casts deciding vote to deny stay in real sketchy execution case

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Gorsuch casts deciding vote to deny stay in real sketchy execution case
Salocool posted...
In his descent, Justice Breyer decried the rush to execute Mr Lee and his fellow death row inmates.
Apparently the reason the State decided to proceed with these eight executions is that the ‘use by’ date of the State’s execution drug is about to expire,” Mr Breyer wrote. “In my view, that factor, when considered as a determining factor separating those who live from those who die, is close to random.”
The majority did not offer reasoning for their ruling.

Geez, that's some professional and ethical behavior there from judges. I have no clue how you manage to let this sort of s*** fly in THE MOST SUPREME court of your country.

My issue is that they use expensive methods of execution instead of proven cheaper methods.
Firing Squad, Hanging, Snapping of necks.

All far cheaper, quicker, more humane methods then gas chamber, electrocution, lethal injection
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
5 days ago#32
infinitys_7th posted...
This is less an argument against the death penalty and more of an argument against how it is implemented and the difficulty of challenging convictions based on conflict of interest.

No it's most definitely an argument against the death penalty because s*** like this can happen at any time. You can't completely prevent it.

battourye posted...
which means that executions are a sad but necessary part of our justice system

No.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: infinitys_7th

infinitys_7th
5 days ago#33
Sir Will posted...
infinitys_7th posted...
This is less an argument against the death penalty and more of an argument against how it is implemented and the difficulty of challenging convictions based on conflict of interest.

No it's most definitely an argument against the death penalty because s*** like this can happen at any time. You can't completely prevent it.

battourye posted...
which means that executions are a sad but necessary part of our justice system

No.

How many people convicted as spree killers have been wrongly convicted? Especially ones who confessed?

The same goes for serial killers, terrorists (I should have clarified in the other topic, but I mean persons who commit terrorist acts like the Boston Bombing), etc.
[=[_]=] (+.|__|.+) Vita (Final Fantasy X HD Remaster)
[+[_]+] 3DS (Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice)
Ah Arkansas, always make headlines for all the wrong reasons..
The internet, where people come to be a dumbass.

User Info: CommonGrackle

CommonGrackle
5 days ago#35
the high court cleared the state to execute Ledell Lee, one of eight convicted murderers that Arkansas has been trying to put to death before one of its lethal-injection drugs expires at the end of the month.

Okay so there's a rush to execute them because the drug will expire because the inmates have been on death row for so long.

I don't mind opponents to the death penalty, but it was partially their actions with their long drawn-out appeals which lead to this predicament.
globalist

User Info: Calintares

Calintares
5 days ago#36
CommonGrackle posted...
I don't mind opponents to the death penalty, but it was partially their actions with their long drawn-out appeals which lead to this predicament.

you don't think this

AceRabbit posted...
The trial judge was sleeping with the prosecutor and crucial DNa evidence was not tested. With an appeal lawyer who kept showing up drunk if you know the history of the case.

warrants an appeal?
ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do and die.

User Info: lilORANG

lilORANG
5 days ago#37
Why is he the "deciding" vote when any of the other 4 in the majority could have voted the other way as well?
#FeelTheBern
http://i.imgur.com/q5z4CUu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6B9oFXh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/sy42Dlf.jpg
lilORANG posted...
Why is he the "deciding" vote when any of the other 4 in the majority could have voted the other way as well?
This vote was pretty much straight along party lines.

There's nothing special or deciding about this vote.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: BilalPowell

BilalPowell
5 days ago#39
Hurried the execution by killing him 24 years after he committed the murder? How long does it take when they aren't hurrying?
Start me, bench Forte

User Info: Sojy

Sojy
5 days ago#40
lilORANG posted...

Because we already knew how the other people were going to rule from prior Supreme Court precedent, and since Gorsuch is the guy who's not supposed to be there in the first place he should at least not be making a****** rulings.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Gorsuch casts deciding vote to deny stay in real sketchy execution case

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.