This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gorsuch casts deciding vote to deny stay in real sketchy execution case

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Gorsuch casts deciding vote to deny stay in real sketchy execution case

User Info: AceRabbit

AceRabbit
7 months ago#41
KamenRiderBlade posted...
lilORANG posted...
Why is he the "deciding" vote when any of the other 4 in the majority could have voted the other way as well?
This vote was pretty much straight along party lines.

There's nothing special or deciding about this vote.

Because without him, it would've been 8-8 and he's the new guy
Over the mountain.

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
7 months ago#42
AceRabbit posted...

So according to you, our SCOTUS grew from 8 justices to 16 before Gorusch joined?

8-8 would imply there are 16 SC Justices.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: Relle

Relle
7 months ago#43
battourye posted...
The fact is, what if we release someone following your guidelines and they kill someone afterwards?

And what if the state murders someone who's completely innocent? Because that's happened too. If you really want to boil it down to its base components, the argument is between murdering innocent people on the hopes that you're stopping some of the guilty ones who might not have ever reformed.

Giving the state to murder innocent people on the assumption that some of them might be guilty and never reform is not a power I want the government to have.
I lost ten pounds! Now I must keep it off.
http://i.imgur.com/3SYIbco.jpg

User Info: lilORANG

lilORANG
7 months ago#44
Sojy posted...
lilORANG posted...
Why is he the "deciding" vote when any of the other 4 in the majority could have voted the other way as well?

Because we already knew how the other people were going to rule from prior Supreme Court precedent, and since Gorsuch is the guy who's not supposed to be there in the first place he should at least not be making a****** rulings.

We already knew how Gorsuch was going to rule as well, on account of him being appointed by a Republican president.
#FeelTheBern
http://i.imgur.com/q5z4CUu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6B9oFXh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/sy42Dlf.jpg

User Info: Ampelas

Ampelas
7 months ago#45
AceRabbit posted...
The trial judge was sleeping with the prosecutor and crucial DNa evidence was not tested. With an appeal lawyer who kept showing up drunk if you know the history of the case.

Sounds like some sitcom... And a mistrial

AceRabbit
7 months ago#46
AceRabbit posted...

So according to you, our SCOTUS grew from 8 justices to 16 before Gorusch joined?

8-8 would imply there are 16 SC Justices.

I meant 4-4, my bad
Over the mountain.

KamenRiderBlade
7 months ago#47
Relle posted...
Giving the state to murder innocent people on the assumption that some of them might be guilty and never reform is not a power I want the government to have.
Letting the politicians / state release a convicted murdered for one reason or another, then said ex-con strikes again hurting innocent people is a power I never want the government to have.

We already have too many cases of that happening throughout history.

AceRabbit
7 months ago#48
Relle posted...
Letting the politicians / state release a convicted murdered for one reason or another, then said ex-con strikes again hurting innocent people is a power I never want the government to have.

We already have too many cases of that happening throughout history.

Because prisons don't exist in your little world
Over the mountain.

KamenRiderBlade
7 months ago#49
Ampelas posted...
AceRabbit posted...
The trial judge was sleeping with the prosecutor and crucial DNa evidence was not tested. With an appeal lawyer who kept showing up drunk if you know the history of the case.

Sounds like some sitcom... And a mistrial

Then the defense should've requested that the court find a different prosecutor due to personal relationship status between the Judge / Prosecutor.

That would've solved the issue.

KamenRiderBlade
7 months ago#50
AceRabbit posted...
Because prisons don't exist in your little world

They do, but they are overfilled.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Gorsuch casts deciding vote to deny stay in real sketchy execution case

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived