This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tom Perez: Word Salad extraordinaire.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Tom Perez: Word Salad extraordinaire.

User Info: AceRabbit

AceRabbit
5 days ago#11
Vayu_The_End posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...
He pretty much said yes

On what planet is this semi coherent mess "yes I'm on board with Single Payer."
It's weasel language. He avoided committing to any policy because no, he is not on board with single payer. Otherwise, there was NO reason for that mess of a response.

He said yes with elaboration.

He didn't say "f*** yeah" before executing an insurance agent, so of course you'll find a reason to whine
Over the mountain.

User Info: FunWithAFryPan

FunWithAFryPan
5 days ago#12
Vayu_The_End posted...
"Is the DNC on board with Medicare for all/Single Payer Tom?"

Tom Perez posted...
well you know, we want to make sure healthcare is a right, not a privilege, and that's why we've fought for the affordable care act, that's why we want to continue to expand it, we want to make sure everybody and uh, the affordable care act has made tremendous progress, we have more work to do. And I think the unity, Chris that we've shown in the recent efforts by Trump to repeal the affordable care act has been an energizing force for democrats independents others, who share the values of inclusion and opportunity and healthcare is absolutely a right in this country or should be. It shouldn't be a privilege, and obviously we believe that as Democrats, Republicans don't appear to believe that.

A simple "yes" or "no" would suffice Tom.

It may have been long-winded, but it's a coherent answer. That's not what a "world salad" is.
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.

User Info: Goldice

Goldice
5 days ago#13
He doesn't actually say yes. He never says anything pro single payer in that. He hits the high notes of expanding the ACA and healthcare being a right, not a privilege. But never states support for single payer.
New England Patriots: Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI Champions

User Info: BlazeCrusher

BlazeCrusher
5 days ago#14
Genericgamer667 posted...
He pretty much said yes you know...what are you complaining about?

Him giving a for sure answer like this.

Vayu_The_End posted...
"Is the DNC on board with Medicare for all/Single Payer Tom?"

Tom Perez posted...
Of course! We want to make sure healthcare is a right, not a privilege, and that's why we've fought for the affordable care act, that's why we want to continue to expand it, we want to make sure everybody and uh, the affordable care act has made tremendous progress, we have more work to do. And I think the unity, Chris that we've shown in the recent efforts by Trump to repeal the affordable care act has been an energizing force for democrats independents others, who share the values of inclusion and opportunity and healthcare is absolutely a right in this country or should be. It shouldn't be a privilege, and obviously we believe that as Democrats, Republicans don't appear to believe that.

I mean it's that simple... The man before you said yes, you say you support him, back him up on that yes!

Otherwise that whole thing before is giving me the impression that they'll try just once then do f*** all if nothing happens, instead of putting the same effort they did with the ACA.
Brought to you by Phoenix Inc.
LIVE IT, PLAY IT, LOVE IT / PSN/Origin: SulfurenG

User Info: MKing88

MKing88
5 days ago#15
I'm shocked that a politician would give a non-answer to a simple question.
Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5774-1267-6209

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
5 days ago#16
Protip: Generally when a politician starts their response to a question with: "Well you know...", you know they're going to start feeding you bulls***.
IGN: Nex
FC: 2337-5174-9824

User Info: AceRabbit

AceRabbit
5 days ago#17
Vayu_The_End posted...
Apparently, expecting politicians to answer "yes" or "no" questions with "yes" or "no" is too much.
Nobody's buying it anymore, it's a common political trick to skirt around outright voicing support for anything so when you suddenly veer to the other side you can say "well I never technically said I supported that!"

We just had an election that was decided by people being sick and tired of that garbage and Perez is still doing it with a policy that more Republicans than not support.

Whine whine moan moan I don't understand basic concepts or facts.

Easy summation of your posts now. But lol at the notion Republicans will support full single payer. I bet they just didn't support Obamacare because it's not liberal enough
Over the mountain.

User Info: davyheinz

davyheinz
5 days ago#18
Tom Perez posted...
well, you know, we want to make sure healthcare is a right, not a privilege, and that's why we've fought for the affordable care act. that's why we want to continue to expand it. we want to make sure everybody is covered and, uh, the affordable care act has made tremendous progress,but we have more work to do. And I think the unity, Chris, that we've shown in the recent efforts by stopping Trump to repeal the affordable care act has been an energizing force for democrats, independents, and others, who share the values of inclusion and opportunity. healthcare is absolutely a right in this country, or should be. It shouldn't be a privilege, and obviously we believe that as Democrats; Republicans don't appear to believe that.

Fixed, sort of? Wasn't actually as bad as it seemed, mostly looked awful as text on a page with too many commas
Currently playing: The Saboteur, Bioshock Infinite, Breath of the Wild

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
5 days ago#19
davyheinz posted...
Tom Perez posted...
well, you know, we want to make sure healthcare is a right, not a privilege, and that's why we've fought for the affordable care act. that's why we want to continue to expand it. we want to make sure everybody is covered and, uh, the affordable care act has made tremendous progress,but we have more work to do. And I think the unity, Chris, that we've shown in the recent efforts by stopping Trump to repeal the affordable care act has been an energizing force for democrats, independents, and others, who share the values of inclusion and opportunity. healthcare is absolutely a right in this country, or should be. It shouldn't be a privilege, and obviously we believe that as Democrats; Republicans don't appear to believe that.

Fixed, sort of? Wasn't actually as bad as it seemed, mostly looked awful as text on a page with too many commas

Wasn't sure how to section it off.
I'm stealing this.
IGN: Nex
FC: 2337-5174-9824

User Info: Goldice

Goldice
5 days ago#20
It is too much to expect a simple yes/ no answer.

Especially when one essentially takes pot shots at your last presidents health care legislation. The key is reframing the answer in expanding the ACA, not acting like the ACA is crap that needs to be thrown out. Which he does try to do. He just didn't do it effectively IMO.
New England Patriots: Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI Champions
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Tom Perez: Word Salad extraordinaire.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived