This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tom Perez: Word Salad extraordinaire.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Tom Perez: Word Salad extraordinaire.

User Info: Goldice

Goldice
3 months ago#31
Vayu_The_End posted...
They don't have to "act" like anything. Just state facts that people do still die due to not being able to access healthcare, and even if it's less, it isn't acceptable.

Which trump and friends will play repeatedly as they push for their own healthcare. "Even the DNC admits people die thanks to obamacare!" The tweets write themselves!

Its not that simple. You essentially have to call the ACA inadequate but still adequate enough to be better than the republican plan. So it has to be "expanding the ACA", not scrapping and replacing. It has to be good enough to stay.
New England Patriots: Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI Champions

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
3 months ago#32
Goldice posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...
They don't have to "act" like anything. Just state facts that people do still die due to not being able to access healthcare, and even if it's less, it isn't acceptable.

Which trump and friends will play repeatedly as they push for their own healthcare. "Even the DNC admits people die thanks to obamacare!" The tweets write themselves!

Its not that simple.

So?
Should we just let Trump push through Ryancare because he said "Democrats want to kill people, believe me."
IGN: Nex
FC: 2337-5174-9824

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
3 months ago#33
When your healthcare plan runs on private insurance companies and bears a striking resemblance to the early 90's Republican plan and the Heritage Foundation plan, even when you can pass it without a single Republican vote, yeah sorry I'm not going to take you seriously when you say you support Single Payer directly, much less with a rambling non-answer like that.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png

Goldice
3 months ago#34
Vayu_The_End posted...
Goldice posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...

Its not that simple.

So?
Should we just let Trump push through Ryancare because he said "Democrats want to kill people, believe me."

How did you get that from what i said?

Its one thing for trump to say it. It's another thing for trump to have a quote from Perez saying it!

If you want to be skeptical, fine. I get that. I don't even believe dems are fully behind single payer.

But at the same time, this non answer is Perez walking a very tricky line. You can't denounce the ACA, but you sorta need to if you want single payer.

Vayu_The_End
3 months ago#35
Goldice posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...
Goldice posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...

Its not that simple.

So?

Its one thing for trump to say it. It's another thing for trump to have a quote from Perez saying it!

"We don't support Trump's Healthcare plan!"
See! The Democrats want you guys to have no Healthcare, believe me!

User Info: Covenant

Covenant
3 months ago#36
He said no.

that's why we've fought for the affordable care act. that's why we want to continue to expand it

This is a no. This is saying, "We're not going for single-payer. We're expanding the Affordable Care Act."

Then, naturally, he deflected to Republicans to distract people from the fact that he just said no.

User Info: hoax123

hoax123
3 months ago#37
One party doesnt even believe in healthcare, while the other, a supposedly left-wing party, is stuck defending a right-wing healthcare plan.
This country is f***ed.
There's no "left" in the US. You have the lunatic right (R) and the right who won't come out of the closet (D).
- EightySix22

Goldice
3 months ago#38
Vayu_The_End posted...
Goldice posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...
Goldice posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...

Its not that simple.

So?

"We don't support Trump's Healthcare plan!"
See! The Democrats want you guys to have no Healthcare, believe me!

.... again. Not what i said.

The ammo would be Perez denouncing the ACA. Trump and the republicans could easily turn that into "see, even dems think the ACA is bad! They're being obstructionists and forcing something on you that even they think is bad! They won't let me fix their problems!"

Dems cannot say the ACA is bad. They have to praise the f*** out of it. Otherwise, they are basically going "we did a bad and we re stopping trump from fixing it". Yes, there is a s*** ton more nuance than that, but when has the average American voter done nuance?

Vayu_The_End
3 months ago#39
And we're stuck with the current situation, a supposedly "liberal" party defending a Republican healthcare plan from 30 years ago that most people would like to see replaced.

And it helped result in president Donald Trump.
And in fear of the unpopular president Trump destroying the Democratic Party by pointing out that Dems want to replace the ACA too, we're going to double down on policies that allowed Trump squeak away with the presidency.

Goldice
3 months ago#40
Vayu_The_End posted...
And we're stuck with the current situation, a supposedly "liberal" party defending a Republican healthcare plan from 30 years ago that most people would like to see replaced.

And it helped result in president Donald Trump.
And in fear of the unpopular president Trump destroying the Democratic Party by pointing out that Dems want to replace the ACA too, we're going to double down on policies that allowed Trump squeak away with the presidency.

Are you willfully missing the point or are you f***ing with me?

Dems have zero power to change the ACA right now. They cannot influence health care. All they can do right now is block and defend the ACA. If they relent or if they attack the ACA, then trump gets a playing chip to replacing the ACA with his own thing. Which is going to be far worse to the left than the ACA. This is all they got.

Double down would be in 3 years they're singing the same song (Unless they somehow miraculously do well in 2018) When it's time that they can actually move towards shaping policy. But right now, with only the filibuster in the senate, they have nothing. The only thing they can do is to convince people the ACA is a good thing that needs expansion, not repeal.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Tom Perez: Word Salad extraordinaire.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived