This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tom Perez: Word Salad extraordinaire.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Tom Perez: Word Salad extraordinaire.

User Info: AceRabbit

AceRabbit
6 days ago#51
Vayu_The_End posted...
I'm not missing the point because there is no point.
You can prevent Trump from scraping the ACA while admitting it needs to be changed, but pointing out that Trump's replacement is worse than just repealing it.

Humans don't only have to think in short term. Nor is it acceptable to put the ACA up on a pedestal and pretend it's better than it really is because Trump wants to get rid of it. Is "being honest" such a hard thing to do?

Sanders seems to employ this just fine.

They can't say the truth in it being decent and that it's helped a lot of people?
Over the mountain.

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
6 days ago#52
Let me try and understand this.

Tom Perez can't say he supports single payer because it means he'd have to say the ACA isn't perfect, and that means Donald Trump will gain leverage in trying to implement a system that's further away from Single Payer, the system most Americans want, despite this healthcare plan that we shall call "TrumpCare" polls at 17% popularity and most Americans already wanting to replace the ACA?

Am I misunderstanding something? Or is this point truly as silly as I believe it to be?
IGN: Nex
FC: 2337-5174-9824

AceRabbit
6 days ago#53
Vayu_The_End posted...

Tom Perez can't say he supports single payer because it means he'd have to say the ACA isn't perfect, and that means Donald Trump will gain leverage in trying to implement a system that's further away from Single Payer, the system most Americans want, despite this healthcare plan that we shall call "TrumpCare" polls at 17% popularity and most Americans already wanting to replace the ACA?

Am I misunderstanding something? Or is this point truly as silly as I believe it to be?

You don't understand much, really.

Especially if you think most Americans'll be glad for single payer. It'll become the new Obamacare in red states. Or if you think the ACA is right-wing.

Btw. Noticed you ran off when you had to defend the ACA being a Republican plan. You don't really have much courage in your convictions.
Over the mountain.

Vayu_The_End
6 days ago#54
Nah, I just don't see the point in discussing, anything with you. If someone else wants to ask that question for you, I could answer it.

AceRabbit
6 days ago#55
Vayu_The_End posted...
Nah, I just don't see the point in discussing, anything with you. If someone else wants to ask that question for you, I could answer it.

It's a common pattern with you: you get proven wrong and suddenly you don't care to discuss the issue.

What makes the ACA a right wing plan? Tell the class.
Over the mountain.

Vayu_The_End
6 days ago#56
It's a common pattern with you: you get proven wrong and suddenly you don't care to discuss the issue.

I suppose?

What makes the ACA a right wing plan? Tell the class.

No thanks. If anyone else wants to discuss that, sure.

User Info: LuigisBro

LuigisBro
6 days ago#57
AceRabbit posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...

Especially if you think most Americans'll be glad for single payer. It'll become the new Obamacare in red states. Or if you think the ACA is right-wing.

Btw. Noticed you ran off when you had to defend the ACA being a Republican plan. You don't really have much courage in your convictions.

60% of Americans support single payer, even a majority a Republicans support single payer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/sorry-republicans-but-most-people-support-single-payer-health-care/2017/04/17/f0919bb6-23a6-11e7-bb9d-8cd6118e1409_story.html
2017 - Super Mario Odyssey delayed
2018 - Nintendo goes 3rd party

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
6 days ago#58
LuigisBro posted...
AceRabbit posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...

60% of Americans support single payer, even a majority a Republicans support single payer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/sorry-republicans-but-most-people-support-single-payer-health-care/2017/04/17/f0919bb6-23a6-11e7-bb9d-8cd6118e1409_story.html

But you don't understand! The Democrats would have done Single Payer if not for Republicans like Joe Lieberman! Oh wait...
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png

AceRabbit
6 days ago#59
PraetorXyn posted...
LuigisBro posted...
AceRabbit posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...

But you don't understand! The Democrats would have done Single Payer if not for Republicans like Joe Lieberman! Oh wait...

The Independent who openly stumped for McCain after the Dems tried to primary him?

Seriously, if you don't see how Joe Lieberman wasn't mostly a Republican by that time you really don't get it
Over the mountain.

Vayu_The_End
6 days ago#60
^I think you missed the point...
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Tom Perez: Word Salad extraordinaire.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived