The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you accept this Gun Rights / Gun Control compromise?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Would you accept this Gun Rights / Gun Control compromise?

User Info: Sativa_Rose

Sativa_Rose
1 month ago#1
Would you accept this Gun Rights / Gun Control compromise? - Results (102 votes)
Yes, I would accept this compromise
43.14% (44 votes)
No, I would be against this compromise because it is not enough gun control
40.2% (41 votes)
No, I would be against this compromise because it is too much gun control
16.67% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The proposal:

- Gun ownership now requires a gun license, getting the gun license is like getting a driver's license, you have to take a test to prove your competency + knowledge of the laws and pass a background check. The license is presented when you are purchasing guns, and the guns will be registered with their owner.

- The National Firearms Act is amended to ensure that civilian ownership of fully automatic weapons, short barreled or "sawed off" rifles and shotguns, silencers/suppressors, and various types of ammunition (armor piercing, hollow point, etc.) are protected.

- A federal concealed carry license is created that has jurisdiction throughout the entire US, overriding any state or local laws attempting to prohibit concealed carry.
I may not go down in history, but I will go down on your sister.

User Info: PballDepot

PballDepot
1 month ago#2
Sativa_Rose posted...
Gun ownership now requires a gun license, getting the gun license is like getting a driver's license

Have you seen the way people drive?

Edit: Holy S*** I just read the rest of your post. Sawed off shotguns, silencers, and a Federal mandated conceal/carry law? O_o
Better make Kevlar vests/outfits legal for everyone as well while you're at it, cause they're gonna need it.
http://i.imgur.com/3nl5l.png

User Info: Gamerguymass

Gamerguymass
1 month ago#3
You know the police would heavily protest the 'right' to own silencers and armor piercing bullets. That is just asking for trouble.

And it should never be a right for people to own weapons of war. They literally serve no other purpose then killing people. Shooting a 100 bullets a minute is not "home defense."
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!

User Info: Hyena 20

Hyena 20
1 month ago#4
Gamerguymass posted...
right' to own silencers and armor piercing bullets. That is just asking for trouble.

And it should never be a right for people to own weapons of war. They literally serve no other purpose then killing people. Shooting a 100 bullets a minute is not "home defense."

Unfortunately, the founding fathers would disagree with you. What the hell do you think cannons are for? They didn't ban those (granted, cannons could also be used for mining back before dynamite existed)
Granted, back in those days, civilians actually had to worry about siege warfare...
Meet Captain Euro, the coolest superhero this side of Aquaman!~~Portal of Evil
[Disillusioned Independent]

User Info: Thebrah

Thebrah
1 month ago#5
I like it
Most capitalists don't know that you can't become rich without doing the opposite of Jesus Christ's golden rule. Maybe that's why rich folk don't go to heaven.

User Info: ThaLank

ThaLank
1 month ago#6
PballDepot posted...
Better make Kevlar vests/outfits legal for everyone as well while you're at it, cause they're gonna need it.

Why bother? He also gave everyone armor-piercing bullets.
"Already posted? I don't care. Read it again." - BostonRich
[ PSN: BurntGerbil ] - [ 3DS: 3926-5778-3961 ]

User Info: Sativa_Rose

Sativa_Rose
1 month ago#7
Kevlar is already legal btw.
I may not go down in history, but I will go down on your sister.

User Info: Lord_of_BeefDip

Lord_of_BeefDip
1 month ago#8
Seems fairly reasonable to me.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1343-unofficial-nintendo-switch-board
My board for discussion of the NS, and other Nintendo related subjects.

User Info: TrampsLikeUs

TrampsLikeUs
1 month ago#9
The only compromise I'd be a fan of; you don't have a gun and we don't send you to jail.

User Info: Patriotwolf

Patriotwolf
1 month ago#10
Gamerguymass posted...
You know the police would heavily protest the 'right' to own silencers and armor piercing bullets. That is just asking for trouble.

You can already buy those
"You're just one big headache, and I got a pistol full of aspirin"
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Would you accept this Gun Rights / Gun Control compromise?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived