This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you accept this Gun Rights / Gun Control compromise?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Would you accept this Gun Rights / Gun Control compromise?

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
1 month ago#21
I doubt it would be constitutional to require a license for what the Constitution makes a right for everyone. I really don't care I'm just saying I doubt it would pass legal muster enough to become law.

Other than that I'm fine with most if not all of it. The lone gun nuts hording all this stuff for when the zombie apocalypse comes statistically are not the ones killing people so let them have at it.

Hollow points will cause a lot less collateral damage than FMJ for example so there's no reason to prohibit those. AP and body armor that can stop anything short of a Barret .50 rifle is legal now, though there are more regulations on pistol armor in general, etc.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png

User Info: Alesandros

Alesandros
1 month ago#22
1. So long as the government footed the bill for the licensing program, sure. I wouldn't want poorer people precluded from exercising their constitutional right.

2. The only item among them I approve of is the use of hollow-point ammunition. The proliferation of the other items would pose a significant risk to law enforcement and other agencies... even regular people.

3. This national conceal carry license/permit, which is reciprocated in every State, should have already been implemented... otherwise the Constitution's "Full Faith and Credit" clause should be applicable to CCW as it is for driver's licensing.
Classically liberal, independent moderate. US Marine and Pianist.
[Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlesandrosX?feature=mhee]

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
1 month ago#23
If you live in a neighbourhood that has a gun homicide rate above 5 per 100,000 then you cannot get a licence.

If you have an illegal firearm a neighbourhood that has a gun homicide rate above 5 per 100,000 then your sentence is life imprisonment no possibility of parole.
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: slaity

slaity
1 month ago#24
I can not agree with this one

- A federal concealed carry license is created that has jurisdiction throughout the entire US, overriding any state or local laws attempting to prohibit concealed carry.
if I'm always right I learn nothing, if I'm wrong twice I learn 2 things

User Info: DOAbayman

DOAbayman
1 month ago#25
Alesandros posted...
1. So long as the government footed the bill for the licensing program, sure. I wouldn't want poorer people precluded from exercising their constitutional right.

i absolutely would since the poorer you are the more likely you are to commit a gun crime. the only good reason to have a gun is for expensive recreational activities like hunting or target shooting. otherwise you're that a****** sitting at home with a gun collecting dust hoping someone breaks into your home so you can live out your fantasy. and don't give me that self defense bulls***. there are many non lethal alternatives that will incapacitate criminals trying to break in.

absolutely should require a federally mandated license. its not going to stop accidental killings but it will reduce them. the fact you can own a gun today and know nothing about trigger discipline is absolute insanity.
"Are you one of those scrubs that likes the story spoon fed to you?"
"You mean books?"

User Info: crillgamer

crillgamer
1 month ago#26
there are many non lethal alternatives that will incapacitate criminals trying to break in.

Like what?

Not a fan of legalizing assault weapons, bullet proof vest etc. However how would the elderly protect themselves from baddies breaking into their home?
When in danger or in doubt
Run in circles scream and shout

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
1 month ago#27
if anyone wants anything to happen then there has to be some sort of compromise. saying thats just how it should be because of your self righteousness isnt going to get anything done and we'll all be back to square one with nothing to show for it.

maybe the gun people would be more lenient in voting for stricter background checks, or mental health checkups or more registrations if the gun grabbers would show a little more charity and maybe cut the wait time on nfa items or the paper work involved. AP ammo is already in civilians hands, so is body armor and its incredibly easy for a criminal to make a sawn off weapon anyway. suppressors are also not like they are the movies and they carry a lot of benefits (and are actually completely legal in many European countries and they actually encourage its use).
Currently playing: Forza Horizon 3 - Dead Rising - Hitman

User Info: atmasabr

atmasabr
1 month ago#28
By accept do you mean would I vote for it (hell no!) or would I shut up and not complain if it were passed (yes)?

Oh, and I answered the wrong "Yes" question. I meant to say not enough gun control.
Do your own research!

User Info: Charocks

Charocks
1 month ago#29
Why not legalize all military equipment then?
I've always wanted to own a tank and AA gun for "home defense" so I should be allowed to have those if redneck "freedom fighter" Billy Jim Bob can own AP ammo for their "freedom rifles".
Fluffy Pony Abuse is deranged - GT AN EWOKS WRATH
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)

User Info: ImperialDragon

ImperialDragon
1 month ago#30
Shall not be infringed.
EMPTY [IIIII-----] FULL
The WTF!?-o-meter is currently... Normal
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Would you accept this Gun Rights / Gun Control compromise?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived