This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really don't understand the argument against needing an ID to vote.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. I really don't understand the argument against needing an ID to vote.

User Info: Xtopher85

Xtopher85
4 months ago#81
Make getting an ID free and easy, then requiring ID to vote will be no problem. End of story.
-PSN: Xtopher85
"Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarassment." - Pod 153

User Info: slaity

slaity
4 months ago#82
argonautweakend posted...
That is why, if there are gonna be ID laws, there should be a free to all national ID system. it wouldnt be cheap, of course, but you cant break the constitution and push that cost off on to the voters.

Xtopher85 posted...
Make getting an ID free and easy, then requiring ID to vote will be no problem. End of story.

Go get an US Passport then. it proves citizenship, easier and cheaper than creating a whole new ID system.

Bring your Voter registration, State ID and US Passport to vote. They validate your district, residence and citizenship. End of story.
if I'm always right I learn nothing, if I'm wrong twice I learn 2 things

User Info: Guide

Guide
4 months ago#83
If minimum wage was absolute, even the poorest workers could afford a passport.
chicken salad sandwich

User Info: krazyfu

krazyfu
4 months ago#84
Canada and Mexico have voter ID laws. How do you function as an adult without an ID?

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
4 months ago#85
We don't have voter id laws in the UK and it's drop-dead f***ing absurd.
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: MegatokyoEd

MegatokyoEd
4 months ago#86
krazyfu posted...
Canada and Mexico have voter ID laws. How do you function as an adult without an ID?

Them being able to function has nothing to do with their constitutional right to vote without a poll tax.

Stop bringing up irrelevant subjects.
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]

User Info: krazyfu

krazyfu
4 months ago#87
MegatokyoEd posted...
krazyfu posted...

Them being able to function has nothing to do with their constitutional right to vote without a poll tax.

I have the constitutional right to bear arms. Should I get a free gun?

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
4 months ago#88
The reality of the situation is that there is no logical argument to be had going against requiring an ID to vote.

You already need an ID for things such as buying alcohol from a store. Pretty sure we can get by just fine requiring it for something as important as voting during an election.

If requiring ID is oppression, prejudice against poor people, blah blah blah than so is insurance, making house payments, and many other aspects of everyday life.

It's just more contrarian for the sake of being contrarian edgelord bulls*** by people once again having their minds dictated by raw emotion instead of logic and rationale.

I mean why the f*** would you NOT want to make sure somebody is a U.S. citizen in order to vote in a U.S. election? Why increase the risk of non-citizens being able to vote in an election they have nothing to do with?

As much as this board b****es about 'muh Russia' narratives, you'd think they would want to cut down on foreign influence on U.S. elections, but go figure.

User Info: MegatokyoEd

MegatokyoEd
4 months ago#89
krazyfu posted...
MegatokyoEd posted...
krazyfu posted...

I have the constitutional right to bear arms. Should I get a free gun?

Go back to school and learn what the Twenty-Fourth Amendment is.
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]

User Info: GOATTHlEF

GOATTHlEF
4 months ago#90
Triad posted...
Stop.

...and nobody take this bait, for f***'s sake

You tried.
-The Amicable
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. I really don't understand the argument against needing an ID to vote.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived