This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cruz and Sanders to debate tax policy tonight

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Cruz and Sanders to debate tax policy tonight

User Info: LawnNinja

LawnNinja
1 month ago#61
M_Project posted...
LawnNinja posted...
M_Project posted...
Traptin3days posted...
hard-working people who have to take several jobs and still live in poverty

Either their job is to pick up acorns all day, or they suck with money.

You need to have money in the first place in order to suck with money. People who live paycheck to paycheck don't have the opportunity to make poor investments or spend beyond their means. They're too busy working themselves sick just to make sure they have a meal and a roof over their heads. People who "suck with money" are middle-class folks with delusions of grandeur who go into debt to buy that house or car that they can't actually afford. Poor people would never qualify for a loan to buy that house or car to begin with.

Your complete lack of understanding and empathy is deplorable.

Your ignoring the fact that people make good and bad decisions in life.

Set your emotional sentiments aside for 2 seconds.

So being born poor and never having the opportunity to advance one's economic standing is a "bad decision"? Got it.
"It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

User Info: mrstubix

mrstubix
1 month ago#62
The Great Muta 22 posted...
Bernie is likely to be the Democratic nominee if he runs

Can Bernie run for congress instead. I don't understand why people think that Sanders wouldn't be the most effective in the legislative branch. He would have way more power there than other places.

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
1 month ago#63
mrstubix posted...
The Great Muta 22 posted...
Bernie is likely to be the Democratic nominee if he runs

Can Bernie run for congress instead. I don't understand why people think that Sanders wouldn't be the most effective in the legislative branch. He would have way more power there than other places.

uhhh what? He is already in congress
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: M_Project

M_Project
1 month ago#64
LawnNinja posted...
M_Project posted...
LawnNinja posted...
M_Project posted...
Traptin3days posted...
hard-working people who have to take several jobs and still live in poverty

Either their job is to pick up acorns all day, or they suck with money.

You need to have money in the first place in order to suck with money. People who live paycheck to paycheck don't have the opportunity to make poor investments or spend beyond their means. They're too busy working themselves sick just to make sure they have a meal and a roof over their heads. People who "suck with money" are middle-class folks with delusions of grandeur who go into debt to buy that house or car that they can't actually afford. Poor people would never qualify for a loan to buy that house or car to begin with.

Your complete lack of understanding and empathy is deplorable.

Your ignoring the fact that people make good and bad decisions in life.

Set your emotional sentiments aside for 2 seconds.

So being born poor and never having the opportunity to advance one's economic standing is a "bad decision"? Got it.

Probably in that case it would be the err of his/her parents. It's not like individuals reach a barrier everywhere and cannot turn their lives around. And I'm referring to those who are working capable.

Are you against the inheritance tax? Or do you want every child to be born on the wrong foot in life?

User Info: Xenogears15

Xenogears15
1 month ago#65
M_Project posted...
Are you against the inheritance tax? Or do you want every child to be born on the wrong foot in life?

That's a tad disingenuous. Considering that most Americans won't have to worry about the estate tax, and those that do often have lawyers that can find estate tax credits in the tax code to alleviate or outright not pay said tax, the tax doesn't start "on the wrong foot in life". Being born into poverty does.

What the tax does is help stop the consolidation of wealth at the upper crust of society--even if only a little. So yes, I support it.
This rant was brought to you by your local random thinker.
I'm as Canadian as Wayne Gretzky crashing a snowmobile into a moose. - JIC X

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
1 month ago#66
mrstubix posted...

Can Bernie run for congress instead.

*squints eyes*
I am okay if he wants to run for president again. He can just say yes, I may die while in office but the VP carries the mantle of his mandate from the start too.

If Bernie can win, I don't care that he may die of old age. We have contingencies for that.
Language warning:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
1 month ago#67
LightSnake posted...
No, Bernie did very well. Far better than Cruz.

The problem with Cruz is more exposure shows what a vile, empty fraud he is

Cruz really tried to rely on meaningless, feel good statements about the "economic engine" of America, American exceptionalism, etc. It came off really bad when Bernie had facts and all Cruz had was empty words.

However, I wanted Sanders to hit Cruz on the purported economic growth after tax cuts. There's an obvious causation/correlation fallacy at work. Especially for Reagan because (a) Republicans touted the Reagan tax cuts as just closing loop-holes and as revenue-neutral; (b) taxes ultimately had to go up when that wasn't the case; and (c) the economic growth was due to the rise in computers, which created new industries and increased efficiency in existing ones.
I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I am your sXe hero.
They should build a mosque in mecca. Right next to the dome of the rock. -- Lord Sideous

User Info: Yami_no_Geimu

Yami_no_Geimu
1 month ago#68
Didn't watch. So how many times did he demonize millyeneyaz and billyeneyaz as predicted?

User Info: BobGeorge

BobGeorge
1 month ago#69
Cruz and Sanders to debate tax policy tonight

Haha. We are using the definition of that word "debate" very loosely.

Poor bernie. It really is unfair to ask him, and his feeble mind, to try to stand toe to toe with an obvious intellectual superior in a setting like this.
"A diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone."
-Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Cruz and Sanders to debate tax policy tonight

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived