This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Never forget why Trump won --

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Never forget why Trump won --

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
1 month ago#21
BuddhaDaSlaemon posted...
pnut027 posted...
He won because Obama was black.

Simple.

He wasn't running against Obama...and if that's all it boils down to, how did Obama win in the first place? And why did Hillary seem to get even more hate than Obama?

Same reason women had to wait longer to vote than blacks
lolAmerica

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
1 month ago#22
SixStringHero posted...
Economic anxiety was the main reason.

All the people claiming he won because of racism are clueless. Clinton failed to carry the same states Obama carried in both elections.

economic anxiety is a meme for obvious racism you know
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: Brandalia

Brandalia
1 month ago#23
Genericgamer667 posted...
also Trump's entire freaking campaign was nothing BUT identity politics

the jobs he wanted to bring back were being taken away from hard working (White) Americans by scary foreign brown people

He never said any of that. This is more of a reflection of what you believe more than anything else.
You tried to milk him, didn't you? You sick son of a *****!

Genericgamer667
1 month ago#24
Brandalia posted...

the jobs he wanted to bring back were being taken away from hard working (White) Americans by scary foreign brown people

He never said any of that. This is more of a reflection of what you believe more than anything else.

never heard of a dog whistles have you?
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: 3Storms

3Storms
1 month ago#25
BuddhaDaSlaemon posted...
Because the Democrats abandoned the platform of the working classes in favor of divisive identity politics. The collusion between Hillary and the DNC was just the cherry on top.

That is literally pretty much it. Class dismissed.

Replay MGS2 or at least find a transcript of the conversation the Colonel and Rose have with Raiden before his battle with Solidus. That is what the democrat party has become.

They're always socially engineering everything. They can't leave anything alone. They're offended by everything so they work both overtly and covertly to undermine everything so everything complies with their standards.

They just refuse to leave people alone. And in the process under the delusion of ending hate and division all they've done is create more of it because people are sick of being bullied around by a party with a God complex that thinks it can do what it wants because everyone else is some sort of bigot.

Brandalia
1 month ago#26
SixStringHero posted...

All the people claiming he won because of racism are clueless. Clinton failed to carry the same states Obama carried in both elections.

Hahaha, wut?

So in the span in four years, all those voters in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Iowa and even Minnesota (which was surprisingly close), after voting the half Black guy, decided they were really racists?

User Info: SixStringHero

SixStringHero
1 month ago#27
SixStringHero posted...

How?

These same people that pulled the lever for Trump pulled the lever for Obama, twice.

How did these people all of a sudden become racists?
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.

Genericgamer667
1 month ago#28
so explain the economic issues then

at best, they are gullible idiots

User Info: BuddhaDaSlaemon

BuddhaDaSlaemon
1 month ago#29

True...I'm definitely not saying their not guilty about that, but it used to be exclusively a problem with the right, and all I am saying is in recent years it's become a problem with the left as well.

I am criticizing out of loyalty, which I still harbor some for the Democratic party, I just want us to get better as a party.

Honestly, we need to learn to pick our fights. Political capital is a thing. It is finite (at a given time at least), and can run out. You can't accomplish everything you want all at once. Right or wrong the social stuff is highly divisive and uses up all of our political capital accomplishing little.

OF COURSE it has been needed, social activism, especially in the past. But when does it end??? Every generation has to have their turn to play the Hero I guess??

Anyway, you're lucky that I believe strongly enough in taxing the super-rich for investments in the middle-and lower-class that I still consider myself a Democrat, even though I hear less and less of that spoken of in the party platform, but just know that you are chasing other people away from the party. My roommate for example grew up Democrat but voted for Trump. You say 'who needs him?,' but the accumulated numbers don't lie and helped determine this election

Brandalia
1 month ago#30
Brandalia posted...

never heard of a dog whistles have you?

Come on, dude. You're projecting your own biases onto someone else.

For years, Democrats screamed about trade deals negatively impacting Americans, railed against NAFTA, claimed that we were outsourcing too many American jobs when there were people in the US in need of jobs and asserted that immigration should be curtailed and we needed to do more about illegal immigration.

For example:

In 2005, a left-leaning blogger wrote, “Illegal immigration wreaks havoc economically, socially, and culturally; makes a mockery of the rule of law; and is disgraceful just on basic fairness grounds alone.” In 2006, a liberal columnist wrote that “immigration reduces the wages of domestic workers who compete with immigrants” and that “the fiscal burden of low-wage immigrants is also pretty clear.” His conclusion: “We’ll need to reduce the inflow of low-skill immigrants.” That same year, a Democratic senator wrote, “When I see Mexican flags waved at proimmigration demonstrations, I sometimes feel a flush of patriotic resentment. When I’m forced to use a translator to communicate with the guy fixing my car, I feel a certain frustration.”

The blogger was Glenn Greenwald. The columnist was Paul Krugman. The senator was Barack Obama.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/528678/

What changed?

...Oh, right. Trump. Then suddenly Democrats developed total amnesia and started to pretend they never held the same views.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Never forget why Trump won --

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived