This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Never forget why Trump won --

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Never forget why Trump won --

User Info: Brandalia

Brandalia
1 month ago#51
ClayGuida posted...
Again, point to the people who voted for Obama and then voted for Trump. I haven't seen or heard many accounts of this. Assuming the same people are voting every election is kind of silly when only roughly 1/3 of America even votes.

So your contention is that the people who voted in 2016 weren't the same people who voted in 2008 and 2012?
You tried to milk him, didn't you? You sick son of a *****!

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
1 month ago#52
Is "hey maybe police should be a bit less trigger happy" really identity politics?

That if anything is what drove some Obama voters to trump from my experience. They were "pro police " and believed democrats were "attacking them "
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: Primal_GroudonX

Primal_GroudonX
1 month ago#53
I'm the USA, and this is my White House. I work here all by myself because nobody likes me. Everything in here has some money and some lies. One thing I've learned after 241 years - you never know what is gonna come through that door.
I liek Mudkipz

User Info: lolife67

lolife67
1 month ago#54
Genericgamer667 posted...
Is "hey maybe police should be a bit less trigger happy" really identity politics?

It is when a black guy says it, apparently.

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
1 month ago#55
BuddhaDaSlaemon posted...
ClayGuida posted...
Again, point to the people who voted for Obama and then voted for Trump. I haven't seen or heard many accounts of this. Assuming the same people are voting every election is kind of silly when only roughly 1/3 of America even votes.

Then ask yourself what motivates people to go out and vote.

Also, another issue I have is that Democrats used to be the party to hold big business accountable, but now they seem just as corporatist as the R's.

Well for one, I can see a black man galvanizing the black vote to go out and vote for him. I can't really see a white old lady doing the same thing.
lolAmerica
Thanatos the Great 1 month ago#56
wally posted...
He won because the founding fathers wanted to appease slavers. That's it. The whole reason.

No, that's only part of the reason. It's the reason for the Electoral College, but Trump didn't win fairly even by that system's bonkers definition of "fair".

User Info: gphjr14

gphjr14
1 month ago#57
SaikyoStyle posted...
BuddhaDaSlaemon posted...
Because a gaggle of morons in flyover country allowed themselves to be easily fooled by the most obvious conman in history.

No kidding

I flew from Atlanta to Vegas in May and while I looked out my window I kept thinking:
1 Hope we don't crash.
2 The US killed/displaced all those Native Americans for this?
And
3 All these states voted for Trump thinking he'd actually turn their cities into utopias?

They got duped hard and they have no one to blame but themselves. However given this county's history they'll blame everyone else before that happens. (See Muslims ban and border wall)
wiggity wham wham wozzle

User Info: MegatokyoEd

MegatokyoEd
1 month ago#58
The Trump-Obama voters had negative views of blacks and Hispanics, but they're not Klansmen. They'll vote for a black man, especially one who doesn't "sound" black like Obama, if they think it benefits them economically.

That was an easy pitch against McCain, coming off Bush, and Romney, where his richness and out of touch persona was used against him, but a different story against Trump. Trump also specifically pandered to racism in a way that McCain and Romney refused.
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]
(message deleted)

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
1 month ago#60
also the most cited "identity poltics" issues", the bathroom debate, only started because conservatives decided to get rid of it
So if was a reaction
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Never forget why Trump won --

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived