This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Senate passes GOP Budget 51-49

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Senate passes GOP Budget 51-49

User Info: MegatokyoEd

MegatokyoEd
1 month ago#11
Which Republican voted against it?
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]

User Info: Bullet_Wing

Bullet_Wing
1 month ago#12
The useless Wall didn't get funding, did it?

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
1 month ago#13
MegatokyoEd posted...
Which Republican voted against it?

Cochran because of his health issues apaprently

and I don't know if this funds or defunds anything atm, no one is saying
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
1 month ago#14
Bullet_Wing posted...
The useless Wall didn't get funding, did it?

I don't think so, everyone would be talking about it if it did
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: IronWolf87

IronWolf87
1 month ago#15
mystic belmont posted...
So when the recession comes, who will the GOP blame?

Obama, Hillary and Millenials.
Just because a woman looks good, smells good, and makes you feel like the man you always wanted to be...doesn't mean her vagina isn't lined with sharp teeth

User Info: yzman

yzman
1 month ago#16
This is no big deal. Its just a budget, just a guideline. They will still need to pass an appropriations bill with specifics...that is where it will be hard and considering they passed this by 2 votes, that doesn't look great for them.
As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away
3DS Friend Code 1203-9256-5903

User Info: Bullet_Wing

Bullet_Wing
1 month ago#17
Also about this reconciliation bit. I barely ever saw it mentioned until McConnell tried to use it to screw Obamacare. What exactly is it? Fixing a law without actually making a new one?

User Info: yzman

yzman
1 month ago#18
Bullet_Wing posted...
Also about this reconciliation bit. I barely ever saw it mentioned until McConnell tried to use it to screw Obamacare. What exactly is it? Fixing a law without actually making a new one?

Reconciliation is something that allows you to pass bills "related to the budget" with a simple majority vote. It basically allows the Repubs to pass something terrible with a simple majority and not worry about a filibuster. However it can only be used for 1 issue a year technically. There are also a lot of special rules to it, like if the bill increases the deficit, then it sunsets after 10 years.
As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away
3DS Friend Code 1203-9256-5903

User Info: Dionysus

Dionysus
1 month ago#19
Mr_Church1313 posted...
Kansas here we come.

Luckily, we don't have to worry about that on the federal level. The states have to balance the budget at some point.

User Info: TaiIs82

TaiIs82
1 month ago#20
While I'm skeptical of the projection, that would only be about $150 billion added to the debt on average per year.

It's still sad that $150 billion deficits are seen as "good" for Washington, especially when (yet again) the "savings" are said to occur 10 years from now, only to see the plan revoked almost immediately in reality, the next time they want to spend big on something.
Hero/Legend of 261. Lover of life,free speech,etc. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1196-
The man who cared too much. Providing trickle-down knowledge since 2009
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Senate passes GOP Budget 51-49

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived