This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

51 GOP Senators Just Voted To Cut $1.5 Trillion from Medicare and Medicaid...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. 51 GOP Senators Just Voted To Cut $1.5 Trillion from Medicare and Medicaid...

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
1 month ago#1
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/10/19/51-gop-senators-just-voted-cut-15-trillion-medicare-and-medicaid-give-super-rich-and

51 GOP Senators Just Voted To Cut $1.5 Trillion from Medicare and Medicaid To Give Super-Rich and Corporations a Tax Cut

It's time to vote all of those pigs out on November 6th next year. This is the final straw.

I wonder what all these Trump supporters/Alt-Righters/Right-Wingers on this board & everywhere else have to say about their beloved president & the GOP that they're always defending, as this affects them too?

User Info: infinitys_7th

infinitys_7th
1 month ago#2
I disagree with this.

Social security and similar retirement safety nets pay very low rates of return to tax payers. The government owes them money for taking away all that potential growth.

When you are forced to be given 2% on what could easily have been 8-10%, why should the government not ensure 2%? And certainly it should not try to decrease it even further.
[=[_]=] (+.|__|.+) PS3 (Persona 5)
[+[_]+] 3DS (Ace Attorney Investigations: Prosecutor's Path)

User Info: Porunga

Porunga
1 month ago#3
Shinobi120 posted...
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/10/19/51-gop-senators-just-voted-cut-15-trillion-medicare-and-medicaid-give-super-rich-and

51 GOP Senators Just Voted To Cut $1.5 Trillion from Medicare and Medicaid To Give Super-Rich and Corporations a Tax Cut

It's time to vote all of those pigs out on November 6th next year. This is the final straw.

I wonder what all these Trump supporters/Alt-Righters/Right-Wingers on this board & everywhere else have to say about their beloved president & the GOP that they're always defending, as this affects them too?

They will praise them as always. conservatives constantly vote against their own interests. Modern conservative ideology, by its nature, screws over the middle class and the poor and only benefits the rich. If these people actually wanted their lives to improve, they wouldn't vote republican/conservative.

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
1 month ago#4
this vote was more permission to do tax reform

the hard part is still yet to come
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: chaos knight

chaos knight
1 month ago#5
It's nonbinding. At least wait until Republicans pass a real bill before getting outraged.
Seattle Seahawks
Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

User Info: slaity

slaity
1 month ago#6
infinitys_7th posted...
I disagree with this.

Social security and similar retirement safety nets pay very low rates of return to tax payers. The government owes them money for taking away all that potential growth.

When you are forced to be given 2% on what could easily have been 8-10%, why should the government not ensure 2%? And certainly it should not try to decrease it even further.

you should apply the same logic to tax cut vs welfare
if I'm always right I learn nothing, if I'm wrong twice I learn 2 things

User Info: untrustful

untrustful
1 month ago#7
Here's the funny thing. They tried to replace the ACA, but all the substitutes were terrible. So instead they get an executive order that kills the ACA. So now americans that have health problems and aren't covered under Medicare or Medicaid have to pay ridiculous insurance prices (a few had to do that already) or cover the cost themselves.

Now, republicans voted to cut Medicare and Medicaid, so those that were covered under those programs will have to experience less quality care in some fashion.

In exchange for this, we're getting tax cuts. If you're a small business in a state with the lowest minimum wage and that tax cut doesn't even give you $15,000, you can't move the economy through full-time employment because you can't hire a single full timer.
My Mario Maker Levels
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/untrustful?type=posted

User Info: infinitys_7th

infinitys_7th
1 month ago#8
Porunga posted...
Shinobi120 posted...

They will praise them as always. conservatives constantly vote against their own interests. Modern conservative ideology, by its nature, screws over the middle class and the poor and only benefits the rich. If these people actually wanted their lives to improve, they wouldn't vote republican/conservative.

Social security and the like already screws over the middle class, if not everyone.
[=[_]=] (+.|__|.+) PS3 (Persona 5)
[+[_]+] 3DS (Ace Attorney Investigations: Prosecutor's Path)

User Info: leeroyboogie

leeroyboogie
1 month ago#9
Chickens comin home to roost almost

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
1 month ago#10
Porunga posted...

They'll start caring soon enough when it starts happening to them.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. 51 GOP Senators Just Voted To Cut $1.5 Trillion from Medicare and Medicaid...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived