This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Right-Wing Snowflakes Melt At Idea God Isn't Male

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Right-Wing Snowflakes Melt At Idea God Isn't Male

User Info: Lordgold666

Lordgold666
1 month ago#21
TheGreatDebate posted...
Please provide a biblical passage where God was referred to as “female”
Xbox GT: l0rdg0ld666 | 3DS FC: 1848-2391-0198
[LXGC] - Lethal Xbox Gaming crew

User Info: Romes187

Romes187
1 month ago#22
to go all jordan peterson on the topic

the father represents order (what is known, culture, etc) while the mother represents chaos (what is unknown, nature, unpredictable etc) so it would make sense for God to be considered masculine in that sense, especially considering the word of God is what brings order out of the chaos

but who knows

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
1 month ago#23
The God in the Old Testament is definitely a psychopathic old man with insane narcissistic issues. Also, he hates everyone that has the nerve of being slightly out of conformism. He's like a hillbilly from Alabama on a power trip.

User Info: EthanSilver

EthanSilver
1 month ago#24
EightySix22 posted...
The God in the Old Testament is definitely a psychopathic old man with insane narcissistic issues. Also, he hates everyone that has the nerve of being slightly out of conformism. He's like a hillbilly from Alabama on a power trip.

It's what I don't like about "God." You don't believe in him, you burn in hell and suffer.

That is insane. Like wishing your child, that has never seen you or heard from you, to burn and suffer if they don't respect you. Which wouldn't such a bad thing, they haven't seen you or heard from you, ya'know?

edit: I also don't like how that insanity, because that is what that is, makes for a good control mechanism. Cult like and such. Just my opinion on the matter though.

User Info: Traptin3days

Traptin3days
1 month ago#25
Mozzezz posted...
zerooo0 posted...
GOD IS DEAD

Truth.

fixing this
Frog. You know life, life not all guessing games, frog. Sometimes, we have to care about the friends, especially friends who love cookies.

User Info: zerooo0

zerooo0
1 month ago#26
Traptin3days posted...
Mozzezz posted...
zerooo0 posted...
GOD IS DEAD

Truth.

fixing this

I refrain from using statements like that because saying God is dead implies a God was living in the first place. Which we have no evidence for that. Also saying GOD IS DEAD is too edgy for me.
PRAISE THE SUN Young Justice Season 3 is HAPPENING!

User Info: Romes187

Romes187
1 month ago#27
zerooo0 posted...
Traptin3days posted...
Mozzezz posted...
zerooo0 posted...
GOD IS DEAD

Truth.

fixing this

I refrain from using statements like that because saying God is dead implies a God was living in the first place. Which we have no evidence for that. Also saying GOD IS DEAD is too edgy for me.

im sure you know this already but its a quote by Nietzsche and he was saying it as a warning because he goes on to mention how the religious structures in our brain (or at least the capacity for humans to experience religious feelings) will inevitably be filled with extreme left and right ideologies (which did indeed happen)

he also says our minds were prepped for the scientific revolution by the structured thinking of Catholicism

p neat

User Info: Traptin3days

Traptin3days
1 month ago#28
Romes187 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Traptin3days posted...
Mozzezz posted...
zerooo0 posted...
GOD IS DEAD

Truth.

fixing this

im sure you know this already but its a quote by Nietzsche and he was saying it as a warning because he goes on to mention how the religious structures in our brain (or at least the capacity for humans to experience religious feelings) will inevitably be filled with extreme left and right ideologies (which did indeed happen)

he also says our minds were prepped for the scientific revolution by the structured thinking of Catholicism

p neat

https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/a7DVDzb_700b.jpg
Frog. You know life, life not all guessing games, frog. Sometimes, we have to care about the friends, especially friends who love cookies.

User Info: Devilanse333

Devilanse333
1 month ago#29
Puny god.
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33

User Info: Marmitecashews

Marmitecashews
1 month ago#30
TheGreatDebate posted...
Mozzezz posted...
zerooo0 posted...
GOD ISN'T REAL

Truth.

False

Prove it then.
Caution: A Boring British Centrist has arrived.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Right-Wing Snowflakes Melt At Idea God Isn't Male

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived