This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever checked your privileges?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Have you ever checked your privileges?

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
1 month ago#71
I go 52/100. Quite privileged.
Are you a man ? Are you white ? Are your parents still married ? Have you ever been shamed for your body type ? Do you consider yourself attractive ?

I don't think buzzfeed understands what "privilege" means...

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
1 month ago#72
59/100

I would have expected more since I'm a white dude.
Orlando City/USA Soccer
Dukat/Madred 2020. Make Cardassia Great Again!

User Info: Will_1231

Will_1231
1 month ago#73
Hyena 20 posted...
I don't like some of the questions. I was called derogatory terms for homosexuals despite being heterosexual. In fact everybody was called the f word. And I was never called attractive for my race because nobody every said I was attractive :(

I agree, those ones are stupid. Who HASN'T been called a sexual preference insult.

That was also where I lost a lot of privilege points. The ironic thing is, I received most of those insults before I actually came out. After that, most instances where somebody called me gay as an insult or an actual slur, they realized it immediately after the fact and apologized profusely. I laughed at those reactions, because I knew they didn't mean it that way and they genuinely felt like complete s***. The few times where it did happen intentionally, it was the person trying to get under my skin, but those are only three instances that I can think of.

User Info: Tamamo-no-mae

Tamamo-no-mae
1 month ago#74
Jimayo posted...
Tamamo-no-mae posted...
the final bahamut posted...
Tamamo-no-mae posted...
BetaSquadron posted...
Tamamo-no-mae posted...
exactly. i believe that for those of us like myself who are fortunate to have nice things, it's our responsibility to provide an example of a better way to live and to help people achieve that standard if we can. this is something i find is often lost on a lot of the other posters here. i'm sure i don't need to do more than imply which posters i'm talking about.

lmao. Help people "achieve" it by being born privileged. And if they can't, well tough s*** I got mine.

Eat the rich.

that's.... not really what i'm talking about. i'm talking about supporting social programs to relieve some of the burden on the lower class by taking care of basic necessities like food, housing and healthcare so they're able to afford to buy things and stimulate the economy. i mean having nice things is nice, but i don't need to have -all- the nice things.

Lol, how did you ever think you were a conservative in modern America?

Anyway, I got 39. Quite a few of them simply because I live in a better country than America.

i'm not "in modern america" though, i live in canada. and i'm not a republican conservative i'm Progressive Conservative, i feel i've made that abundantly clear in the past but evidently i was mistaken.

No, you're not. The PC were never pro social program, anti-cutting taxes.

you know i don't have to line up with all the party's stances on everything right?
never forget, "i" was born from perdition.

User Info: Jimayo

Jimayo
1 month ago#75
Tamamo-no-mae posted...
Jimayo posted...
Tamamo-no-mae posted...
the final bahamut posted...
Tamamo-no-mae posted...
BetaSquadron posted...
Tamamo-no-mae posted...
exactly. i believe that for those of us like myself who are fortunate to have nice things, it's our responsibility to provide an example of a better way to live and to help people achieve that standard if we can. this is something i find is often lost on a lot of the other posters here. i'm sure i don't need to do more than imply which posters i'm talking about.

lmao. Help people "achieve" it by being born privileged. And if they can't, well tough s*** I got mine.

Eat the rich.

that's.... not really what i'm talking about. i'm talking about supporting social programs to relieve some of the burden on the lower class by taking care of basic necessities like food, housing and healthcare so they're able to afford to buy things and stimulate the economy. i mean having nice things is nice, but i don't need to have -all- the nice things.

Lol, how did you ever think you were a conservative in modern America?

Anyway, I got 39. Quite a few of them simply because I live in a better country than America.

i'm not "in modern america" though, i live in canada. and i'm not a republican conservative i'm Progressive Conservative, i feel i've made that abundantly clear in the past but evidently i was mistaken.

No, you're not. The PC were never pro social program, anti-cutting taxes.

you know i don't have to line up with all the party's stances on everything right?

The pc is defined by economic conservatism. They share social progressivenism with the liberals.

If you are not economically conservative you are not pc.
261 - More troll food than any other board on the net.
What the right sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rYqF_BtIwAU

User Info: Fishels

Fishels
1 month ago#76
The only thing that needs to be checked is the brain of the person who made this garbage.

I hope he or she has enough privilege for an MRI.

User Info: snakes_righteye

snakes_righteye
1 month ago#77
42/100 not privileged.

Some of these questions are stupid.

Did you have a car in high school?

Yes, I worked my butt off in tobacco fields to buy it when i was 15, how does that make me privileged? If my parents helped me, then that would be a privilege. But my parents were abusive alcoholics, so I've been on my own for as long as I can remember. Everything I have, I got on my own. I went from homeless at 17 to living comfortably by 30, and I did that all on my own. Stop crying and go find a farmer that needs help, work hard, save money, and build a comfortable foundation for yourself.
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!

User Info: Tamamo-no-mae

Tamamo-no-mae
1 month ago#78
i am -largely- economically conservative, i'm just pro-social services and anti-tax cutting(because obviously you can't have both) because having them costs the government less anually than -not- having them and provides a better quality of life for taxpayers who are then able to perform adequately at their jobs instead of coming to work stressed and half dead. but hey whatever, why let the facts get in the way of your narrative right?
never forget, "i" was born from perdition.

User Info: TheWorId

TheWorId
1 month ago#79
20/100. Fine by me as I am not a child or slave and have no privileges anyway. I only have rights, like the right to choke any b**** that tells me to "check my privilege."
"And we will be the best guests you ever had."
I have a new master. His name is Shulk.

User Info: wwwgippal2

wwwgippal2
1 month ago#80
Cassie_Cage posted...
12/100.

White female, atheist bisexual.

JACKPOT.

Nice twist.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Have you ever checked your privileges?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived