This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Current Affairs has thoughts on Shapiro's "intellectual" gimmick

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Current Affairs has thoughts on Shapiro's "intellectual" gimmick

User Info: Triad

Triad
1 month ago#71
oh I gotcha

Yeah I've been pretty wordy recently. It's like I never feel like I said what I was trying to say. I was being a dick there, though.

I don't know a whole lot about his character, I guess. I mean he says some f***ed up stuff about Arabs so it's hard for me to think he doesn't have alot of like...s***ty beliefs about people. He seems cordial in a controlled environment, but that only means he's not Yiannopolous level.
"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."

User Info: Romes187

Romes187
1 month ago#72
mario2000 posted...
Romes187 posted...
mario2000 posted...
to his fanboys, shapiro doing the equivalent of a monkey throwing his own feces and congratulating himself at his perceived cleverness is "destroying teh libs"

There is some of that for sure

But you can't just discount the rest of what he says because of that.

I mean you can I guess

give me one good point he's made

I'll even make it a point you agree with

He feels that republicans should in no way back Roy Moore and he 100% believes the allegations against him and feels that its an absolute shame that republicans are backing him.

User Info: Villain

Villain
1 month ago#73
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
http://i.imgur.com/ZWNgMXL.jpg
Formerly known as Will VIIII

User Info: NatsuSama

NatsuSama
1 month ago#74
RcBcoop80 posted...
NatsuSama posted...
RcBcoop80 posted...
Atombender posted...
The View has invited him. That's going to be fun.

Oh that would be great. He said on his shoe a week or 2 ago of he was invited on the view it would be the most entertaining hour in television. I mean he would rip those ladies up and down. Thry must be desperate for ratings.

Exhibit A. Him going on a show with a bunch of ladies who cant debate to save their lives. His fans eat this up.

Call me when he on the regular gets into a debate with others who can debate, in a platform where the challenger can actually pick apart his arguments in a back and forth arena.
The View isnt one, and colleges are not one either.

He's gotten into a lot of debates.

The thing with him destroying dumb liberals is that their talking points are all the same talking points used in the mainstream media. And they're always popular left figures, and popular left talking points. This is why the Left is a dumpster fire, and You're pretty much admitting that fact.

For starters im not left. This delusion any who doesnt shill for Trump or random conserv X is a liberal is your problem.
No one said he hasnt gotten into a debate, its WHO he gets into a debate with. Apparantly hes about to be a guest on The View. A fine example to the type of people he targets for a debate. I wouldnt pat myself on the back for crushing people on the View with a debate.

The only people he "destroys" are people who are hardly debators to begin with and interview/questionnaire platforms(where hes asked a question by someone, he rebuttals, and the questionee hardly gets a chance to refute...."next question!" Lastly his worst one, his videos where he post his "thoughts" on a matter and leaves it at that. Cue the clapping seals who already align with him drooling over it.

Call me when he on the regular gets into a debate with others who can debate, in a platform where the challenger can actually pick apart his arguments in a back and forth arena.
The View, youtube, and colleges arent impressive.
WAAAH, I CAN'T BEAT THIS GUY WITH HIS TACTICS, I'M GONNA CALL IT SPAM AND CONDEMN HIM FOR USING IT

User Info: mario2000

mario2000
1 month ago#75
Romes187 posted...
mario2000 posted...
Romes187 posted...
mario2000 posted...
to his fanboys, shapiro doing the equivalent of a monkey throwing his own feces and congratulating himself at his perceived cleverness is "destroying teh libs"

There is some of that for sure

But you can't just discount the rest of what he says because of that.

I mean you can I guess

give me one good point he's made

I'll even make it a point you agree with

He feels that republicans should in no way back Roy Moore and he 100% believes the allegations against him and feels that its an absolute shame that republicans are backing him.

this should already be the default opinion for anyone who isn't a complete monster
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
1 month ago#76
Both Milo and Shapiro are unchallenged precisely because there's no one in the American left smart enough to tackle them head on. Cenk from TYT had him in a silver plate but his ego got in the way and completely missed the opportunity to take him down. The problem is, there's no legit left-wing mouthpiece in America to counter them. The mainstream media claims to be liberal but they actually aren't and end up giving them a free pass.

User Info: nobleisthyname

nobleisthyname
1 month ago#77
M_Project posted...
Duh.

Of course he cherry-picks facts. But at least he addresses the counter argument and answers the issue directly. He always says he has political biases and tells you that.

He's not a journalist. He's a columnist, talk show host, and public speaker who just so happens to have more integrity than fake journalists who label themselves as such.

Actually, the article points out that he does mischaracterize his opponent's arguments in order to "win" the debate. See him conflating "sex" and "gender" as completely interchangeable in debates on transgenderism.
Why should you care if you're wrong, if someone can explain why?

User Info: Goldice

Goldice
1 month ago#78
EightySix22 posted...
Both Milo and Shapiro are unchallenged precisely because there's no one in the American left smart enough to tackle them head on. Cenk from TYT had him in a silver plate but his ego got in the way and completely missed the opportunity to take him down. The problem is, there's no legit left-wing mouthpiece in America to counter them. The mainstream media claims to be liberal but they actually aren't and end up giving them a free pass.

So you didn't read the article. Got it.

There's nothing smart about completely misinterpreting (or outright lying) about a study.

But at least he addresses the counter argument and answers the issue directly.

Apparently you didn't read the article either. The article states that either he lies about what a study says or completely mischaracterizes an "opponent's" argument while giving little chance of response. See the "moose" discussion in the article or his mischaracterization and outright ignorance of facts in the racism debate.
New England Patriots: Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI Champions

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
1 month ago#79
Goldice posted...
EightySix22 posted...

There's nothing smart about completely misinterpreting (or outright lying) about a study.

I don't think you understood what I just said. Calm down your panties and read again. Shapiro, Milo, Steven Crowder and such get away with fallacies precisely because mainstream liberals have a superficial knowledge of the topics at hand. Whom do they debate anyway ? College kids, tv anchors, loony SJW teachers, sexually-deprived feminists, hypocritical millionaires pretending to care about the people, that's whom. Like I said earlier, Shapiro was getting pummeled by Cenk who's actually very aware of his facts and challenged his intellectual fallacies but couldn't bring himself to take him down because of his inflated ego. Same for Crowder. He went in against Joe Rogan but was completely caught off-guard when his opponent started dismantling all his "facts" one after another. That same Joe Rogan also reduced Milo to a mumbling idiot when he called him out on his insights of homosexuality. These guys aren't that coherent. It's just that the typical American liberal is as clueless as these con artists.

User Info: Goldice

Goldice
1 month ago#80
EightySix22 posted...
Goldice posted...
EightySix22 posted...

I don't think you understood what I just said. Calm down your panties and read again. Shapiro, Milo, Steven Crowder and such get away with fallacies precisely because mainstream liberals have a superficial knowledge of the topics at hand. Whom do they debate anyway ? College kids, tv anchors, loony SJW teachers, sexually-deprived feminists, hypocritical millionaires pretending to care about the people, that's whom. Like I said earlier, Shapiro was getting pummeled by Cenk who's actually very aware of his facts and challenged his intellectual fallacies but couldn't bring himself to take him down because of his inflated ego. Same for Crowder. He went in against Joe Rogan but was completely caught off-guard when his opponent started dismantling all his "facts" one after another. That same Joe Rogan also reduced Milo to a mumbling idiot when he called him out on his insights of homosexuality. These guys aren't that coherent. It's just that the typical American liberal is as clueless as these con artists.

You're right. I did misinterpret your point.
New England Patriots: Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI Champions
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Current Affairs has thoughts on Shapiro's "intellectual" gimmick

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived