This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something people overlook why country got so divided.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Something people overlook why country got so divided.

User Info: su27Chaos

su27Chaos
1 month ago#1
https://youtu.be/GpWQHFzrEqc?t=223

When I hear things like blame Hilary or Trump but no one wants to question their own side.

Reason why I want newer type of a Republican party. It really has to be cleaned up and some older ideals remove.

btw I'm republican that voted for Bush but didn't vote Bush 2nd term and Trump. It has gotten worse and worse. I mean it's really worse that as a republican that wants to ignore my own side but I do not like being a democrat. Almost every republican supporter act like there is nothing wrong. This is the reason why our side is like this. No one wants to correct the republicans.
I like my beer like I like my violence...
Domestic.

User Info: Bond_543

Bond_543
1 month ago#2
i think what we are seeing is a new liberal movement. people just dont realize they hold liberal views. peoples lives are getting worse and the establishment statist collectivists are to blame. it really is history repeating itself. we are going through a new enlightenment. and the internet has fueled it.
Social Democracy: Bribing idiots with "free stuff" in exchange for votes.
Truth of the progressive era: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62rI8OYFzGg

User Info: Culturally_Lao

Culturally_Lao
1 month ago#3
Well this is a mature introspective topic I can appreciate. I agree what the hugely damaging problem many people have is either refusing to see the problems on their political alignment, or downplaying/picking and choosing which ones to critique.

I really didn't like Hillary Clinton. I mean I think the Benghazi business was a true witch hunt, and a lot of hate directed at her comes from propaganda, but she really had some sketchy going-ons. That being said, I still think she would have made a better president than Trump in almost every category. And this isn't something coming because he's a republican, but I just truly despise Trump in so many senses, everything about his person screams "mogul who shouldn't be president".

I personally didn't agree with Bush, but I understood he did what he did because he thought it was for the best of the country. Hell I can even say that about Cheney (to a lesser extent). With Trump I really can't.

Sorry this became a Trump rant. There's just so much annoyance and anger when viewing our political situation, that it would be comical if it wasn't actually happening.
I don't know what fact surprised me most: That the man had shot my cat, that I cared for that cat, or that I had a cat.

User Info: Sariana21

Sariana21
1 month ago#4
Culturally_Lao posted...
Well this is a mature introspective topic I can appreciate. I agree what the hugely damaging problem many people have is either refusing to see the problems on their political alignment, or downplaying/picking and choosing which ones to critique.

I really didn't like Hillary Clinton. I mean I think the Benghazi business was a true witch hunt, and a lot of hate directed at her comes from propaganda, but she really had some sketchy going-ons. That being said, I still think she would have made a better president than Trump in almost every category. And this isn't something coming because he's a republican, but I just truly despise Trump in so many senses, everything about his person screams "mogul who shouldn't be president".

I personally didn't agree with Bush, but I understood he did what he did because he thought it was for the best of the country. Hell I can even say that about Cheney (to a lesser extent). With Trump I really can't.

Sorry this became a Trump rant. There's just so much annoyance and anger when viewing our political situation, that it would be comical if it wasn't actually happening.

This is a good post.

TC's too, but I don't want to try to double quote--on my phone.
___
Sari, Mom to DS (07/04) and DD (01/08)

User Info: Bullet_Wing

Bullet_Wing
1 month ago#5
Bond_543 posted...
i think what we are seeing is a new liberal movement. people just dont realize they hold liberal views. peoples lives are getting worse and the establishment statist collectivists are to blame. it really is history repeating itself. we are going through a new enlightenment. and the internet has fueled it.

How many buzzwords do you use from the s***ty anarchist YouTube videos that are your only education Bond? Get a job.

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
1 month ago#6
Obama was elected in 2008. That was a year after the first iphone released and right as social media exploded. Also when 90% of the population began carrying a camera on them that could instantly upload video to the internet.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
1 month ago#7
Culturally_Lao posted...
I personally didn't agree with Bush, but I understood he did what he did because he thought it was for the best of the country. Hell I can even say that about Cheney (to a lesser extent).

Hell no. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice and co. should be rotting in jail for everything they did. They didn't act on "what was best for the country". Where did you get that bull**** idea ?

User Info: Hyena 20

Hyena 20
1 month ago#8
I think that what we are seeing is a result of several factors that began less than 1 year into Bush's presidency:

--Bush was seen as a lightweight Repub. Several Reagan-era employees left the WH/IC/etc. because they hated how moderate Bush was.
--Around 2007 and 2008, you see the rise in popularity of alt-media and social media.
--The GOP blame their 2008 and 2012 losses on their candidate "not being Conservative-enough"
--The Tea Party was created in 2010 in protest of Obamacare and also as a result of what they perceive to be a move towards the center in the GOP by Tuesday/Mainstreet Republicans.
--The GOP is forever altered when many Tea Party politicians win elections. They are initially hated by the Mainstreet/Tuesday Republicans, but the Family Republicans are more accepting of them.

(note: "Family Republican" is what the Moore, Huckabee, and Inhofe-type Republicans used to refer to themselves as. They are the traditional uber-social conservative type and are usually less supportive of the social safety net than Mainstreet repubs.)
Meet Captain Euro, the coolest superhero this side of Aquaman!~~Portal of Evil
[Disillusioned Independent]
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Something people overlook why country got so divided.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived