This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Poll, if you will

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. A Poll, if you will

User Info: MasterGamer72

MasterGamer72
5 years ago#11
Diranosaur posted...
Not very fond of Confucianism, especially not the hierarchic structure. Don't know anything about Daoism, but I'll read into it :)

I don't like the hierarchic structure either, but Daoism tends to do away with it and put humans more on an equal level with everything else. There are a couple sites that you can find on google or wikipedia if you have the time.

WhereDidItGo: Do you use this prayer as a sort of guideline on how to act in life?
Forget it. Let's just have secret butt fun instead.

User Info: WhereDidItGo

WhereDidItGo
5 years ago#12
I think the appeal of it to me isn't so much about how to act in life, but how to react to life. It is a reminder that my love for God is foremost to all that I do and what I get out of it is only secondary.
"It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching. "
St. Francis of Assisi

User Info: MasterGamer72

MasterGamer72
5 years ago#13
I understand. Life really is more about how you react to things more than what actually happens.
Forget it. Let's just have secret butt fun instead.

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
5 years ago#14
AllCityKing98 posted...
When I believed in some higher power/god type being in my younger years I was doing alot more of the second. Things like praying certain stuff would happen and stuff like that...didn't really care about "serving" one faith.

As I grew up I came to understand the idea that a god would intervene like that is silly. I now fight religion, which I believe to be a bane upon society.

Agreed 100%.
^Post is up there^
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. A Poll, if you will

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived