This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Israeli Rabbinical Court orders the stoning of dog it said insulted judges

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Israeli Rabbinical Court orders the stoning of dog it said insulted judges

User Info: king_gimpy

king_gimpy
6 years ago#1
The court claims the dog is inhabited by the spirit of a lawyer who cursed the judges 20 years before.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13819764

I can only shake my head at this stupidity.
When I was born the doctor twisted up the facts,
he said that I was a devil son so now I'm having flashbacks.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#2
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/263-religion/59482840

But since this topic is slightly different from the other one, in the sense that you're calling it stupid, and he's sarcastically calling attention to their religion's "title":

Why is it stupidity? Because they believe in reincarnation? Is that, in itself, stupid?
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: bsballa09

bsballa09
6 years ago#3
And they wonder why all of Israel thinks the orthodox are crazy...

User Info: sthater

sthater
6 years ago#4

But since this topic is slightly different from the other one, in the sense that you're calling it stupid, and he's sarcastically calling attention to their religion's "title":

Why is it stupidity? Because they believe in reincarnation? Is that, in itself, stupid?

I'd say that it probably has to do with the fact that they are making a court decision over a supernatural concept that can be neither proven or disproven. The idea of bringing something like that into the courtroom seems quite stupid to me and seems like a recipe for trouble.
Like my loafers? Former gophers -It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
Part of the presidential triumvirate of board 666

User Info: bsballa09

bsballa09
6 years ago#5
I'd say that it probably has to do with the fact that they are making a court decision over a supernatural concept that can be neither proven or disproven. The idea of bringing something like that into the courtroom seems quite stupid to me and seems like a recipe for trouble.

Well, there are a few things.

1. Police are saying they never even made this ruling.

2. The dog escaped anyway.

3. The actual government courts wouldn't rule in favor as Israel is largely a secular society.

4. It would be considered animal cruelty.

User Info: ledzep3__v8

ledzep3__v8
6 years ago#6
http://picture.funnycorner.net/funny-pictures/5142/Jew-jitsu.jpg
"Do your own thing, wherever you have to do it and whenever you want. Drop out. Leave society as you have known it. Leave it utterly."

User Info: sthater

sthater
6 years ago#7

Well, there are a few things.

1. Police are saying they never even made this ruling.

2. The dog escaped anyway.

3. The actual government courts wouldn't rule in favor as Israel is largely a secular society.

4. It would be considered animal cruelty.

Ah well I hadn't read the article I was just generally thinking of the idea of bringing a concept like reincarnation into a courtroom setting. It just screams stupid and bad idea to me >_>
Like my loafers? Former gophers -It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
Part of the presidential triumvirate of board 666

User Info: king_gimpy

king_gimpy
6 years ago#8
OrangeWizard posted...

Because they believe that a man came back as a dog simply to insult them, and want to kill it, without any proof of it even being true.
When I was born the doctor twisted up the facts,
he said that I was a devil son so now I'm having flashbacks.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Israeli Rabbinical Court orders the stoning of dog it said insulted judges

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived