This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The feasability of Noah's Ark.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. The feasability of Noah's Ark.

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
6 years ago#21
^ And it always bewilders me how people can say you can't understand God, and then provide any excuse you can and say that you know God did it for the reason you need him to have done so.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

User Info: mystic belmont

mystic belmont
6 years ago#22
The box would have to be enormous in order to displace enough water to not sink from the amount of animals aboard.
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]

User Info: hamsandwich3141

hamsandwich3141
6 years ago#23
It's very strange to see an article this nutty basically say that evolution is true.
I only have a signature so I can type my posts in CAPS LOCK.

mystic belmont
6 years ago#24

Says you, Mr.Boat Expert.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipbuilding
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]

mystic belmont
6 years ago#25
The ark would have needed to have tanks for fresh and salt water fish, since the change in the salinity of the water would affect both types of fish.

And the ark would have to have on board every type of insect as well.
[Evil Republican]

User Info: KNessJM

KNessJM
6 years ago#26
The only way the arguments in that article could make any sense is if they were conceding that evolution has occurred, and in fact claiming that it has happened way faster than in the evolutionary biology model. It also has some pretty shoddy explanations regarding insects and plants, and glosses right over the fish problem (i.e. a large percentage of sea-life can survive only in either salt water or fresh water, meaning that if the water covering the world was salt water, all fresh water sea life would have died).

Also...why didn't other boats float?

You're not going to bully me into reading links.

You can lead a fundie to information, but you can't make him think.
Quote of the Week: "Why are you dead, Phil? Are you dead from knives?"

mystic belmont
6 years ago#27
Also, good luck providing enough meat for the carnivores, and enough grain for the herbivores.
[Evil Republican]

OzymandiasIV
6 years ago#28
^ And enough water for everything that requires fresh water (assuming the water outside the Ark would be extremely salty).

OzymandiasIV
6 years ago#29
We should also discuss the feasibility of all these creatures not killing each other and being able to successful reproduce well enough to repopulate the world... and still somehow be separated onto specific continents and islands and whatnot.

User Info: KNessJM

KNessJM
6 years ago#30
Also, good luck providing enough meat for the carnivores, and enough grain for the herbivores.

That's actually a really good point as well. Food.

An elephant eats upwards of 300 pounds of food per day. With two elephants on board, just to get through the month of flooding (not to mention all the time it would take for things to return to normal after the rain stopped, and for all the plants in the world to re-grow), it would take 36,000 pounds of food. Just for those two large animals.

Another thought: it's commonly argued that God guided the animals to travel to Noah so that he didn't have to literally collect them all (Bible Pokemon?). But how did animals like penguins or polar bears get there?

And another thing: Where the **** did all that water come from and where did it go after the flood? If it just evaporated, it would rain down and flood the world all over again.
Quote of the Week: "Why are you dead, Phil? Are you dead from knives?"
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. The feasability of Noah's Ark.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived