This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Jesus is God, why would Jesus speak with and pray to God?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. If Jesus is God, why would Jesus speak with and pray to God?
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#23
I read your first little article, which said "This guy who wrote a book disagrees with that."

Another article is then linked to (http://www.tektonics.org/gk/jwsandjesus.html), which states:

lolnope.

But I read it anyway.

And I was about to quote this very verse on the subject of the verb in question, but they did it first.
Gen. 14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

It's too bad that my bible says:

Producer of heaven and earth; instead.

If what the article claims about the same verb being used at Proverbs 4:5 is true, then verb can mean both "to acquire" and "to produce".
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: Vegeta828

Vegeta828
6 years ago#24
When Jesus was present on the earth, from his birth to the cross, he was human. He needed comfort and strength like we need it everyday. That's why he prayed.
I cried out, I am slipping! But your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. - Psalm 94
(message deleted)

User Info: Vegeta828

Vegeta828
6 years ago#26
Do you think that Christ is no longer human? Or that His humanity was separate from His divinity subsequent to His Incarnation?

I think that at the moment when Jesus fully ascended to heaven, He did not have any reason to be human any longer. His work was already finished (referring to the cross). Though I wouldn't be surprised if at this moment, he still shows His humanly body at this moment to remind those that are coming into heaven or already there, what he's done. Not that that would be necessary.

As far as His humanity on this planet is concerned, I believe that He was fully God, yet subjected Himself to humanity, even after his resurrection. Remember, He let Thomas and the other disciples feel His scars.
I cried out, I am slipping! But your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. - Psalm 94
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. If Jesus is God, why would Jesus speak with and pray to God?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived