This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do some Christians believe that everything from Pokemon to Obama is satanic?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why do some Christians believe that everything from Pokemon to Obama is satanic?

User Info: NsM Comatosis

NsM Comatosis
6 years ago#21
Nevermind that according to his own logic, he's a Satan worshipper too.
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter

User Info: Diranosaur

Diranosaur
6 years ago#22
I think he meant that all idols and gods that are not the Christian Gods are actually false gods created by Satan.
My folk band - http://barfota.bandcamp.com/
Mandolin - Flute - Bouzouki/Nyckelharpa - Guitar

User Info: CIA911

CIA911
6 years ago#23
How do you worship someone without knowing it?

Well...every person in church now is worshipping Satan without knowing it. Because he comes as an angel of light. People who are in the churches now would not know the difference because they are not looking for the signs. And because they are not looking for signs, and are not following God's commandment, we read what God does to them:

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness

You ever see anyone say that their church is the true church ? Or a pastor saying what he's teaching is the correct doctrine ? They do not have the slightest idea that they have gone apostate and are worshipping Satan, and that verse tells us why. They are believing the lie that their church is somehow exempt from anything bad happening to them because they teach the "True Gospel." And if you bring that verse up to someone saying that...they will still not understand that the verse is talking about them...because...of what the verse says.

So that's the answer to your question. The Bible tells us flat out there will come a time when Satan sits at the head of the churches and is worshipped as God. No one believes it. And yet every time they go to church and think that they are worshipping God...they are actually worshipping Satan without knowing it.
Job 38:4 - Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#24

The Bible tells us flat out there will come a time when Satan sits at the head of the churches

Book, chapter and verse please.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

CIA911
6 years ago#25
Book, chapter and verse please.

This is like the 3rd time you've asked me to do this. 2 Thessalonians 2 is the prophecy of it happening. Revelation 13 is also all about what happens to the churches when God is done with them, and that has to do with Satan ruling there. Specially note the description of Satan in that chapter. It helps us understand that while he will appear like God...he will not be. Jesus mentions it in Matthew 24:15 and Mark 13:14.

Anyways those are just a few mentions of it. Now, you are still in your church currently, God is sending you strong delusion so it does not matter how many times you look at what I posted, you will simply not equate it to Satan ruling in the church that you are currently in. It is impossible.
Job 38:4 - Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

User Info: DoGCyN

DoGCyN
6 years ago#26
I'm not trying to refute it. It's just funny that you think there are all these people out worshiping satan while being completely oblivious to what's going on. Are they like, in a trance or something? How do you worship someone without knowing it?

There's nothing to refute when your argument is meaningless to begin with. Claims made with no evidence can be dismissed with no evidence.

1) Are we taking the Bible context into account here (which we should be...seeing as we're talking about satan)?

2) You do realize worship comes to more than just raising/lowering your hands at an altar right?
2 Corinthians 12:7-10

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#27

This is like the 3rd time you've asked me to do this. 2 Thessalonians 2

I'm missing a verse.

Revelation 13

Still missing a verse.

Matthew 24:15

Mark 13:14

Since these say the same thing, I can do them both at once:

You said "flat out". I see no "flat out" here. I see vague. I was expecting explicit. I was expecting a verse that says "Satan will sit at the head of the churches". You have me no such verse.

Maybe this is why I keep asking you about it, because you keep failing to deliver.

Now, you are still in your church currently

We call it a "Kingdom hall".

But I'm curious, why does a "church", specifically, matter? Is it not the things being taught in the churches, rather than the building itself?

What if you decided to meet with a small group of like-minded individuals, say three other people, to talk about your beliefs, all of which you have in common.

Would that be considered a church?

What if you invited one or two more people, and taught them these things? Would that be considered a church? Would you be contaminated?

What if you started doing these meetings regularly? What if you decided to preach and teach these truths to as many people as possible, even renting a space to do it? Would you then be considered a church?

And what about that family radio thing? Why isn't that a church? I mean, you're listening to this reverend preach, along with others.
Does it matter if you're sitting in a pew? Do you have to be inside the same structure as the reverend for it to count as a church?

What do you mean by "Church?"

God is sending you strong delusion so it does not matter how many times you look at what I posted, you will simply not equate it to Satan ruling in the church that you are currently in. It is impossible.

I looked at it maybe twice, for the two actual verses you cited. I didn't bother with the entire chapters you gave me, because I clearly asked for verses.

Anyway, Satan is sending you strong delusion so that it does not matter how many times you try to read the bible, you will simply not see the truth. It is not impossible, however, as the light can shine through your spiritual darkness.

It'll probably take the October Doomsday even that won't happen to knock you out of that stupor.
Hopefully then it won't be too late.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""

CIA911
6 years ago#28
I'm missing a verse.

That's because it's more than one...if you don't read it with the rest, then you might have trouble understanding it. But if you just want specific verses. 2 Thessalonians 2: 4, and Revelation 13: 7-8.

Since these say the same thing, I can do them both at once:

You said "flat out". I see no "flat out" here. I see vague. I was expecting explicit. I was expecting a verse that says "Satan will sit at the head of the churches". You have me no such verse.

Those verses are saying that though. It isn't vague when you do some research and figure out that the Abomination of Desolation is Satan.

But I'm curious, why does a "church", specifically, matter? Is it not the things being taught in the churches, rather than the building itself?

It's the combination of both. There was a time where you could teach incorrect things inside of a church, and still be saved, provided you were reading from the Bible because the Holy Spirit was still present. But the Holy Spirit is removed from the churches at the end of the church age, so Salvation is no longer possible there. It doesn't matter what you do. This is also what allows Satan to take his place there. That is 2 Thessalonains 2: 7. The KJV actually translates this verse pretty terrible, it should read:

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now restraineth will let, until he be taken out of the midst.

The "he" being referred to here is the Holy Spirit, as he is the only one who can restrain Satan. And "the mystery of iniquity doth already work" tells us there has always been sin or iniquity in the temple, or New Testament Churches. But this mystery of iniquity has been restrained by God binding Satan, which we read in Revelation 20 umm 1-2 I think. But the time would come when the one who restrains Satan will be taken out of the midst of the temple.

What do you mean by "Church?"

By a church, I mean a place where you have a membership, a place that has elders and deacons that have been "chosen" to have the spiritual oversight of the congregation, a place that practices ceremonial laws like water baptism, communion, etc.

If a group of people get together to discuss the Bible and you don't have any of those things, no elders or deacons no baptisms no ceremonial laws, then it is not a Church. It is just a gathering of some believers together.

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#29

2 Thessalonians 2: 4

I don't see any "flat out" statement here, especially considering the context.

Revelation 13: 7-8

This makes it sound like no one is safe, and it never mentions the "churches" at all.

I'm still waiting for that "flat out" verse.

But the Holy Spirit is removed from the churches at the end of the church age

What's the Book, Chapter, and Verse for this. When did the "Church age" start, and end?

But this mystery of iniquity has been restrained by God binding Satan, which we read in Revelation 20

Sorry, but that hasn't happened yet.

Oh, and "he" were the apostles, and the "man of lawlessness" were the people that were apostates.
These are not singular people, but classes of people.

User Info: CapoMafia

CapoMafia
6 years ago#30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et_EcGmLxDw

He-Man has more power than Jesus.
http://www.last.fm/user/Butch_Deadlift
If you're really into the classic fantasy stylings of Tolkien, I highly recommend The Very Hungry Caterpillar. - Tani
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why do some Christians believe that everything from Pokemon to Obama is satanic?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived