This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

User Info: Benjamin_Button

Benjamin_Button
6 years ago#1
Not trying to generalize, but there are a bunch of atheists out there who have everything they want, or most, in life...while here are Christians/Catholics who are struggling to maintain a comfortable/stable life?
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif

User Info: KNessJM

KNessJM
6 years ago#2
Because there is no god.

Have a nice day.
Quote of the Week: "When universes collide, don't get caught on the wrong side."

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#3
Because good things also happen to religious people, and bad things also happen to atheists.

Alternatively: because God never promised that bad things wouldn't happen to religious people.

Those who follow Jesus are told to expect bad things to happen to them.

Atheists have everything they want (generalizing) because they make friends with the world. The bible says that friendship with the world is enmity with God. We cannot be friends with the world, thus we don't get any of those benefits.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
(message deleted)

Benjamin_Button
6 years ago#5

The bible says that friendship with the world is enmity with God. We cannot be friends with the world, thus we don't get any of those benefits.

The bible says that? Really?

I thought it was all about loving and caring for one another? Humanity as One? One Love? What happened to that?

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#6

The bible says that

James 4:4
"Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God."

John 15:19
"If YOU were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because YOU are no part of the world, but I have chosen YOU out of the world, on this account the world hates YOU."

And Jesus goes on to say in the next verse "If they have persecuted me, they will persecute YOU also"

I thought it was all about loving and caring for one another? Humanity as One? One Love? What happened to that?

The bible is a big book. All that's in there, with the exception of One Love.
"One Love" is a song by Bob Marley.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

Benjamin_Button
6 years ago#7

The bible is a big book. All that's in there, with the exception of One Love.
"One Love" is a song by Bob Marley.

No need to be a smart ass really. I was just referring to one love meaning more or less the same as humanity as one. Please don't do it again, it makes you look foolish.

And with that said, today i learn that God doesn't want us to love the world.

Bible ftw.

User Info: fudrick

fudrick
6 years ago#8
OrangeWizard posted...
Atheists have everything they want (generalizing)

Even as a generalization this is incredibly stupid.

Benjamin_Button posted...
Please don't do it again, it makes you look foolish.

You will learn very quickly that OW does not care about looking foolish. There's a ~300 post topic filled with him trying to rationalize slavery, genocide, and rape in order to keep his belief that his god is perfectly good and just.
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

User Info: KNessJM

KNessJM
6 years ago#9
How does one become "friends with the world"?
Quote of the Week: "When universes collide, don't get caught on the wrong side."
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived