This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

User Info: hamsandwich3141

hamsandwich3141
6 years ago#11
OrangeWizard posted...
By doing what the world wants you to do. Work overtime so you can afford all the shiny new gadgets, do drugs, and have lots of unprotected sex with minors. That sort of thing.

If that's what the world wants you to do, then why are 2 of them illegal? The world seems to have a funny way of expressing what it wants from you.
I only have a signature so I can type my posts in CAPS LOCK.

User Info: OnceInALifeTime

OnceInALifeTime
6 years ago#12
By doing what the world wants you to do. Work overtime so you can afford all the shiny new gadgets, do drugs, and have lots of unprotected sex with minors. That sort of thing.

What has any of that got to do with being an atheist?
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-396-1161708490.jpg :: sound advice from the NHS
"I like FosterTaken" - Darth Snake

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#13

What has any of that got to do with being an atheist?

Who said it had anything to do with being an atheist?

If that's what the world wants you to do, then why are 2 of them illegal? The world seems to have a funny way of expressing what it wants from you.

The world =/= governments.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

hamsandwich3141
6 years ago#14
OrangeWizard posted...
The world =/= governments.

What does the world = then?

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#15

The attitude of the world
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""

User Info: Master Cilander

Master Cilander
6 years ago#16
Benjamin_Button posted...
Not trying to generalize, but there are a bunch of atheists out there who have everything they want, or most, in life...while here are Christians/Catholics who are struggling to maintain a comfortable/stable life?

Their consolation is now.

This life is next to meaningless.

Living in a gutter or a mansion, it all ends the same.
I make it look easy.

hamsandwich3141
6 years ago#17
OrangeWizard posted...
The attitude of the world

So you think most people are for doing drugs and having tons of unprotected sex with minors?

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#18

So you think most people are for doing drugs and having tons of unprotected sex with minors?

It doesn't matter what most people think. That doesn't make up the attitude of the world. You absorb the attitude that Satan wants you absorb.

hamsandwich3141
6 years ago#19
OrangeWizard posted...
It doesn't matter what most people think. That doesn't make up the attitude of the world. You absorb the attitude that Satan wants you absorb.

So my question is, what does make up the attitude of the world? And if I, as well as people around me, absorb the attitude what Satan wants, then doesn't Satan's attitude become what people think?

User Info: Master Cilander

Master Cilander
6 years ago#20
The world is in a corrupted state.

Ever since the irruption of the fallen in the antediluvian era and all of the abominations they wrought in Eden until the flood.

Those corruptions stuck around. If the Book of Enoch is to be believed (I believe it personally) then even civilization itself is a gift from the fallen angels. The question isn't what is wrong with the world as it is now. The question is, what isn't?

Satan is the Prince of this world. His world naturally reflects his character.

John 14:30
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

This world then, by association, has nothing in him either.

Prince here means ruler and is used in the same way as prince or ruler of Persia is used in Daniel and such.

Ephesians 2:2
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

The world is in conflict with the righteousness of God. It just takes one glance at the world around you to figure that one out.

Christianity is an ascetic path in truth. It's not necessarily as extreme as some ascetic traditions, but it's definitely not on the materialistic side of the spectrum.
I make it look easy.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived