This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

User Info: Master Cilander

Master Cilander
6 years ago#21
Here's an excerpt from the Book of Enoch's final chapter, and it's one of my favorite passages:

to those who have suffered in their bodies, but have been rewarded by God; who have been injuriously treated by wicked men; who have loved God; who have been attached neither to gold nor silver, nor to any good thing in the world, but have given their bodies to torment;

24To those who from the period of their birth have not been covetous of earthly riches; but have regarded themselves as a breath passing away.

It's reflective of this passage in James 4

13Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:

14Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
I make it look easy.

User Info: Dagorha

Dagorha
6 years ago#22
I seriously pity this way of thinking. It is so depressing.
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut

User Info: Master Cilander

Master Cilander
6 years ago#23
Dagorha posted...
I seriously pity this way of thinking. It is so depressing.

More for you, go consume.

I'll go on not giving a **** and liking it.
I make it look easy.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#24

what does make up the attitude of the world?

Whatever Satan wants to use to influence people away from God.

And if I, as well as people around me, absorb the attitude what Satan wants, then doesn't Satan's attitude become what people think?

Sure, you could say that.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: hamsandwich3141

hamsandwich3141
6 years ago#25
OrangeWizard posted...
what does make up the attitude of the world?
Whatever Satan wants to use to influence people away from God.

So basically only bad things make up the attitude of the world? That's pretty depressing. Why doesn't God have influence over the attitude?

And if I, as well as people around me, absorb the attitude what Satan wants, then doesn't Satan's attitude become what people think?
Sure, you could say that.

Well, you kind of implied that it was not the case in your previous post when you said the opinion of people does not matter.
I only have a signature so I can type my posts in CAPS LOCK.

User Info: JamesB0ndOO7

JamesB0ndOO7
6 years ago#26
OW, do you really think that all atheists are drug using pedophiles?
There's no shame in being ashamed of yourself ~TheGeneralPublic
I love plenty of men. ~the hedonist

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#27
If I said yes, would you hold yourself against me?

Oh wait, I messed that one up.

No.

So basically only bad things make up the attitude of the world? That's pretty depressing. Why doesn't God have influence over the attitude?

Because he wants nothing to do with it. At Armageddon he'll just get rid of the attitude, and the one(s) spreading it around.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""

User Info: hamsandwich3141

hamsandwich3141
6 years ago#28
Personally I prefer to think of the world as a much more positive thing than you have made it out to be. Different strokes, folks, etc. I guess.
I only have a signature so I can type my posts in CAPS LOCK.

User Info: KNessJM

KNessJM
6 years ago#29
So wouldn't posting on a message board on a video game website be considered a worldly thing?
Quote of the Week: "When universes collide, don't get caught on the wrong side."

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#30

So wouldn't posting on a message board on a video game website be considered a worldly thing?

I dunno. Is this drawing me away from God?
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived