This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

User Info: Dagorha

Dagorha
6 years ago#31
Master Cilander posted...
Dagorha posted...
I seriously pity this way of thinking. It is so depressing.

More for you, go consume.

I'll go on not giving a **** and liking it.

I just don't think you get it. It isn't about consuming. It's about loving the world as is. It's about loving the people in the world and everything that entails. If God didn't want me to love the world than he aught to have built one that was worse. It's hard to believe that a god who once saw that the world was good suddenly decided to 180 his position on it.
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#32

It isn't about consuming.

Just what a consumer sheeple would say.

I kid, I kid.

It's hard to believe that a god who once saw that the world was good suddenly decided to 180 his position on it.

It's easy to believe this once you, you know, read the bible.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: Master Cilander

Master Cilander
6 years ago#33
Dagorha posted...
Dagorha posted...

I just don't think you get it. It isn't about consuming. It's about loving the world as is. It's about loving the people in the world and everything that entails. If God didn't want me to love the world than he aught to have built one that was worse. It's hard to believe that a god who once saw that the world was good suddenly decided to 180 his position on it.

Okay, one way of rephrasing it is to use the word age instead of 'world' and that might help you understand the position.

The world was created perfect and natural, but was corrupted. This is an age colored by wrongness, and while the natural world has much to love, the artificial world does not.

Things born of civilization are mostly artificial, and are mostly evil. It's just the way it has been since man has lived in cities.
I make it look easy.

User Info: ledzepfan15

ledzepfan15
6 years ago#34
The world was created perfect and natural, but was corrupted.

How was it corrupted?
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro

User Info: Dagorha

Dagorha
6 years ago#35
Fine, but it is still absurd to me to think that the world/age is all evil because from my vantage point, it isn't and the only way i can see that anyone would actually take that position is if somebody or something told them that was the way it is. The world is surprisingly malleable to the human psyche. Where one sees despair another may see hope. Is this not true? The absolutism is what i hate, the complete inability to admit that one could be wrong. It doesn't just border on a superiority complex but crosses it and relishes in it. It is beyond arrogant and seeks to annoy. Like i said, if all you see is an evil world filled with evil people only given reprieve by a god who's existence remains questionable to the casual observer then i truly pity you all.
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut

User Info: fudrick

fudrick
6 years ago#36
Things born of civilization are mostly artificial, and are mostly evil. It's just the way it has been since man has lived in cities.

Yeah, just compare the civilized and uncivilized portions of the world. No one in the uncivilized parts ever does any thing evil! I mean, there are no cannibalistic or murderous tribes or anything like that!
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
6 years ago#37

Atheists have everything they want (generalizing) because they make friends with the world.

How does one become "friends with the world"?

By doing what the world wants you to do. Work overtime so you can afford all the shiny new gadgets, do drugs, and have lots of unprotected sex with minors. That sort of thing.

So... you're saying most atheists are happy because they have everything they want and have made friends with the world. And then you say this. You've made a very strong implication that anyone who is an atheist is likely to have a higher propensity to have had or want to have sex with a minor.

And pretty much because we don't believe in your God.

Stay classy, OW.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

OzymandiasIV
6 years ago#38

From: Master Cilander | Posted: 9/25/2011 5:34:48 PM | #023
Dagorha posted...

Because if you're not a Christian, you're just an idiotic consumer playing into the hands of the devil!

I hate this way of thinking, because it's so disgusting.

OzymandiasIV
6 years ago#39

I dunno. Is this drawing me away from God?

You're certainly not helping anyone get closer to him, that's for sure.

User Info: hunter_gohan

hunter_gohan
6 years ago#40
Satan is the Prince of this world. His world naturally reflects his character.

A few thousand years ago genocide was a common and acceptable practice. A few hundred years ago slavery was a common and acceptable practice. A few decades ago racism was a common and acceptable practice. Right now homophobia is a common and acceptable practice, but we can already see this falling away from mainstream thinking as the previous prejudices have. The world is getting less barbarous, less bloodthirsty, less hateful, and more civilized over time. If this is the character of Satan, then all I can say is Hail Satan.

What we can gather from this is that Satan wishes to help us improve and better ourselves; whereas, god just opts to completely slaughter everyone every so often. Are you sure you guys are worshiping the correct being?
If you find yourself falling into madness -- dive. -Malkavian Clan Book 1st edition
We eat gods for breakfast. - Dr Egon Spengler
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived